Any in-house word on Ukrainian Witnesses form HQ?

by careful 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
  • waton
    waton

yeah, russia wants the land, the riches, the reach, they want to get rid of the "native" populations, and populate the real estate with real Russians.

If you are willing, to leave, we will motivate you, even move you, provide air , road corridors. (and shut the door behind you).

doswidanya.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

For what it's worth a quote that may assist some in how to refer to Ukraine.

“Ukraine is a country,” says William Taylor, who served as the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine from 2006 to 2009. “The Ukraine is the way the Russians referred to that part of the country during Soviet times … Now that it is a country, a nation, and a recognized state, it is just Ukraine. And it is incorrect to refer to the Ukraine, even though a lot of people do it.”

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just had a look on JW Talk, the forum for active Witnesses. There is a lot of rumours about saying that all the dubs in Ukraine were instructed to Leave just before the invasion. No one knows how true that is. To be practical, with over 100k in Ukraine it was never going to be all of them

The JWtalkers are most concerned for their brothers but we can see a larger picture and feel for millions of citizens affected.

• careful
    careful

Thanks everyone, and esp. SBF, for the info. Now the official JWdot-org webpage has some info. I wonder why it took them so long to provide it.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Last week a friend and I saw a news media outlet broadcasting from a city in Ukraine near a busy shelter or something. There were three men standing in view each holding small gray JW.ORG signs for the public to see. I swear it looked like the guys were wearing some form of bullet proof vests over their meeting suits. I wonder if the Ukrainian military gave those guys the armor in exchange for not having to shooting advancing Russians.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    inbetween - "For JW (not only them) its very simple: Anything positive = Gods blessing, anything negative = Satans attack..."

"Everything is proof we're right!

Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!!!"

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Now the official JWdot-org webpage has some info. I wonder why it took them so long to provide it.

The first update on Ukraine was posted on 3rd March.

Jw.org is providing updates in a span of a few days:

Update 1: March 3: https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/ukraine/Brotherly-Love-Prevails-Amid-Ongoing-Crisis-in-Ukraine/

Update 2: March 8: https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/ukraine/UPDATE-Brotherly-Love-Prevails-Amid-Ongoing-Crisis-in-Ukraine/

Update 3: March 11: https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/ukraine/UPDATE-Brotherly-Love-Prevails-Amid-Ongoing-Crisis-in-Ukraine-2/

• menrov
    menrov

The article has this:

• 2 publishers have died

• 8 publishers have been injured

• 25,407 publishers have fled their homes to safer areas within the country

• 25 homes were destroyed

• 59 homes sustained major damage

• 222 homes sustained light damage

• 7 Kingdom Halls were damaged

You wonder where the protection was from their God as these damages and losses are in line with damages and losses suffered by non-JW's.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

They take the stand of neutrality, but Jesus never said Christian Neutrality.

He said to be no part of the world, but we are the world.

If your home is being attacked, you defend it.

The JW males should be joining the freedom fighters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit