Any in-house word on Ukrainian Witnesses form HQ?

by careful 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• careful
    careful

Has anyone heard any word on active Witnesses inside the Ukraine and what has been happening with them the last week or so? I checked the official org website but there was just the expected "fulfilling bible prophecy" stuff. Perhaps someone here has Bethel contacts who have leaked some info on what the GB is trying to do for these victims of Putin's madness?

• St George of England
    St George of England

I'm sure the GB will be very concerned for JW's in Ukraine as the economic and banking sanctions deepen. It may be they will have to device an alternative method for forwarding contributions to HQ!

George

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

I've seen a few stories passed around via social media - mostly the typical stuff about Jehovah protecting Ukrainian JWs against all odds.

I imagine there will probably one of those insufferable "governing body updates" on JW broadcasting in a month or 2 filled with "enhanced" experiences more or less grounded in reality.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Got this on WhatsApp

My close friend from Lviv, Ukraine, sent me this message today. I've translated it for you.

Hostomel congregation (near of Kyiv, Ukraine), 27/02/2022:

Hi there! Everyone is fine, the families and all the congregation left Hostomel. Not far from the house, the battle began on several sides in the morning. There were constant shots and explosions around. There are a lot of blown up military vehicles on the roads. We had not properly slept for two nights, but we still decided to go because there was a serious threat to our lives and that was the direction given. The decision was made almost simultaneously by everyone in the congregation. And we all went together. We knew the direction and the way, but we were not sure where it was safest to go. Therefore, one brother drove in the car ahead in the distance and would stop and reported the situation to others. Then we united and moved together. Jehovah miraculously created a "corridor" and led our convoy of nine cars out of the center of the military actions. It was very similar to how Jehovah spread the waters of the Red Sea to save his people from their enemies. It seemed that he was leading us by the hand in a safe direction. Our dear friends were constantly in touch, learning about the situation on the roads, informing us and leading us in the safest way. Others over the boarders were working on our accommodation while we were on the road. The further we were from the shelling, the more we managed to calm down. It was very warm to think that we were all together, there were almost forty of us and we did not know where we would stay. But thanks to Jehovah's love and our brotherhood's hospitality, we were all found temporary accommodation at night. We’ve had rest and have finally slept. Thanks Jehovah! How nice to serve such a wonderful God!

• Gorb
    Gorb

Nice to read, that people get a save heaven, jw's and non jw's.

No problem if they feel that they get help from above. I hope we get the same help in future events.

G.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Gee, it's a wonder that tens of thousands other refugees made it to the border as well.🙄

• inbetween
    inbetween

For JW (not only them) its very simple: Anything positive = Gods blessing, anything negative = Satans attack..

anyway, JW or not, I feel for the innocent people in Ukraine...and hope death and suffering will end soon for them,, but I fear different...

• waton
    waton

The command of the airborne russians actually offered a corridor for the population to evacuate toward the west.

At that place Hostomel the russians destroyed a famous Ukrainian Icon, their pride, the antonov, the world's largest cargo plane.

plight for wt males, from call to serve for the Ukraine, to the ban under Russian law.

go west young man.

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

How are the jw males getting out of the country? I thought all males 18-60 were to stay in Ukraine to fight?

• waton
    waton
    How are the jw males getting out of the country?

They walk.they drive, they railroad. While there are stories of men driving their families to the border, only dropping them off at the train station, there are also pictures of mixed crowds with junger males lining up at the crossing points. ( could be foreigners leaving)even stories of a Ukrainian two way male traffic. foreign legion forming.

The military in those regions have a history of drafting women into their combat troops too. Imagine the horror when hitler commanded, that all female russian prisoner of war to be summarily executed. "Führerbefehl" was special, always to be obeyed.

Kudos to the group that SBF's friend reported to have made it.

A first for JWs, they did not do that for their Malawi ladies, and millions now living are still stuck, never made it out of the old system, as promised on previous prophecy "dates".

As a side note, coloured refugees are not allowed across the borders, These host countries seem to not want to change the composition of their population. Poland has already as sizeable Ukrainian population in their newly acquired wester, formerly german areas, Ukrainians that were kicked out of their homes by the Russians in the 1945 wholesale ethnic cleansing. That is now again likely

The Plan for the Ukraine too, to re-populate it with ethnic Russians, members of their church.

forward lensing: with a, through refugee influx, bolstered ukrainian population, Poland in the future could claim the Ukraine as their share of a newly carved up east.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit