Life Update 2019

by passwordprotected 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you are living well. 👍

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, that is a great update with a lot of positive thoughts and hopes in there. Thanks for sharing.

I thought about my life and how I barely interact with them. My JW mother and my JW wife do not bring up any JW topics. I have no idea who the current elders are at the congregation my wife still attends and I was an elder at. I don't have anything to do with with JW's except for my mother and my in-laws, and occasionally my wife's best friend in the Caribbean.

Recently, my wife said that a lady at the hall asked how her husband was doing. She said "Fine" or some other non-answer. When she relayed the story, I said "You should have told her about my promotion at work, how happy I am in that position, and that I was out of town with my best friend at an Elvis Costello concert at the time." Of course, my wife doesn't go into all that secular stuff. She honestly was just relating a query about me. And her short answer lets me know she tells the elders no more than those one or two word answers, too.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It was a pleasure to read the update and how well things are working out for you and your "family"

Take care.

• Unicorn18
    Unicorn18

Thank you for sharing your update. I'm almost 2 years out and perhaps I will share an intro thing similar to yours.

It is neat to see the differences between your older and younger children. It seems though, that you're doing a great job at helping the older ones recover and grow from it while helping the younger one simply grow. The thing for the youngest will be helping them understand what it was like. LOL. Much better than the actual experience.

Cheers!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PASSWORD PROTECTED:

It’s nice to hear another success story about somebody who has moved on from the JW religion and got their kids out..And, you are not that old.

I’m glad your father is wise enough to see the value in keeping contact with his non-Witness family. Whether this is because he can be himself Or because he has ailments and knows the ‘friends’ aren’t going to help him, who knows?

I’m also glad you aren’t concerned about appearances of who you can eat with or associate with. And as for the JW who does your windows, it’s good you act naturally around him. His issues are not YOUR problem. Maybe he’ll sense that you are happy...

What a relief to be freed from the religion’s nonsense! It was like being in a straitjacket as far as I am concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit