General health after learning TTATT

by Darkknight757 24 Replies latest social physical

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

4 months ago I was conducting the Watchtower study along with a long list of responsibilities that come with being an elder in a very goofy congregation. During this time my health was going down hill. I've always had a low blood pressure,(102/65 or abouts) but for the past year it had creeped up to 135/90 range.

So 2 months ago after learning TTATT, I'm still considered an elder because the brothers won't let me step down, but I haven't done anything in that time except comment once at a meeting a few weeks ago. No field service or elder meetings.

Anyways, the wife and I went to the Dr. and what do you know?!! Blood pressure back to 102/69.

So has anyone else experienced better health after mentally/physically leaving the Org?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samuel-j-mann-md/stress-and-hypertension_b_2517600.html

.....Over decades, thousands of studies funded by hundreds of millions of National Institutes of Health dollars have been performed. It is long past time to ask: What has this enormous body of research taught us regarding the understanding or treatment of hypertension? Should further money be poured into mind/body research in hypertension? In this two-part blog, I will address these questions, based on what research tells us, and based on my own research and clinical experience.
    It is clear that in most cases, genetic factors and health habits (diet, weight, salt intake, lack of exercise) are the major contributors to hypertension. In my professional estimation, about 40 percent of hypertension is attributable to genetic factors, and another 40-50 percent to health habits. Healthy diet and exercise have been consistently shown to lower blood pressure. In some they normalize blood pressure, but in many they don't, either because of genetic factors that don't respond to these measures, or because of inadequate adherence to healthy habits. Here, medications will usually do the job, and, in fact, 50 of the 75 million Americans with hypertension are taking medication.
    What, then, is the role of psychological factors? Psychological studies in hypertension focus on identifying psychological causes, but not on the proportion of hypertension that is attributable to psychological factors. My research and experience suggest that psychological factors do not play a major role in most cases, but are very relevant in about 10-15 percent, and that research attention should be focused on that 10-15 percent and not on everyone with hypertension. ........
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    yes and no
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Interesting article Brokeback. Perhaps it was just coincidence then. I'll have to say that the day-to-day stress of life has been much relieved since knowing what is really going on though.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I wish you all the best for your health.

And you are very courageous to learn TTATT and trying to step down.

I was an elder too. You said they won't let you step down. Of course they don't want you to step down. So you need to be persistent.

If you decide to step down, stay your ground and step down no matter what they try to hinder you.

You don't have to make lengthy explanations. You could even say for health reasons and leave it at that. But you need to say NO!, even if they don't like it.

You will feel better if you listen to your conscience.

For me it was such a great relief, not being an elder anymore.

Wish you all the best.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I'll have to say that the day-to-day stress of life has been much relieved since knowing what is really going on though.

Could be that your cognitive dissonance has been lessened which creates discomfort. I'm sure it is a multiplication of things having a good effect once you learn TTAT . I'm sure results can vary depending on set and setting when one learns TTAT.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    yep, i have, over all better health, especially mentally but that trickles down physically
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Didn't ask, just tendered my resignation. Gave one legit reason. My health has always been good but I certainly have less stress and a much more laid back life since. Some anxiety at first about implementing the fade but that has gone well.

Sounds like you have a good reason to step aside. Use it.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    I used to get debilitating migraines once every 6 weeks or so and a list of medications to combat them. Since divorcing my asshole ex husband and not once stepping into a KH for 7 years I haven't had one since and tossed all the prescriptions.
  • burnedout
    burnedout

The only way I could deal with the incredible stress of being an elder, changing doctrines, etc was BOOZE. I was getting serious about suicide as my only relief, even though I had a wife and two small children. My health was horrible, bleeding ulcers and wound up in the hospital due to my alcoholism.

The BOE was reluctant to let me step down until I simply told them I quit.

That was 5 years ago. No meetings since then. I am sober, happy and calm.

I don't know how to link a post here, but search for a post I started 'Another Elder', my story is on page 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit