New Religion

by crios 16 Replies latest jw friends

• vienne
    vienne

I've never found a satisfactory religion. I agree with Jehovah's Witnesses strict moral expectations. -- Yes I know many here do not. -- I think some of their doctrine is unsound scripturally.

And I think much of the behaviors of those in authority are not reasonable, scriptural or kind. I watched nonsense come my mother's way from elders who thought they could or should control her thinking, only on the basis that she attended meetings as a child. I'm told their actions were not typical, and one of my uncles, an elder himself, took it up with the offending elders. But if you put self-serving, dictatorial men in authority, you share in their sin. The Governing Body is responsible for Elders' conduct.

I'm drifting from my point, aren't I?

For now I'm content to pray and read. I talk religion to others taking sociology and religious studies classes. So many points of view.

The original poster puzzles me. Why would you come here to seek a belief system? It appears to me that he wants what Witnesses offer, but without being a Witness. The Abrahamic Faith churches [e.g.: General Conference - Atlanta] are non-Trinitarian, but they're also Socinian. I can't find a scriptural basis for Socinianism. But perhaps the original poster would be happy with that.

Sorry for the rambling post.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Crios

Try this Bible Student Assembly

http://bbschurch.org/

No Trinity, no shunning, no immortal soul. Lots of grace, community involvement, Bible study and evangelical outreach.

James Penton appreciates this congregation.

• Mum
    Mum

Start your own religion. I understand it can lead to great wealth.

\

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Start your own religion. I understand it can lead to great wealth.

Your on the money with that one Mum.

RB

• waton
    waton

how about an evidence only world view?

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Mark 10:28 Peter began to say to him: “Look! We have left all things and followed you.” 29 Jesus said: “Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news 30 who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time—houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields, with persecutions—and in the coming system of things, everlasting life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

I am still waiting this to happen, since I was disfellowshipped about 14 years ago for believing in Jesus and witnessing about the real truth instead of accepting teachings of men.

Surely Jesus' promise should one day become reality.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

if you must have a place to worship with others, i have found that small groups of torah followers are great people with many many backgrounds. they arnt jewish but the group i was with are small, in a small town and all they did was read scripture and discuss as a group. if you can find a group like that i think youll be in good hands

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit