New Religion

by crios 16 Replies latest jw friends

• crios
    crios

I need a new religion.

It can't be Trinidadian and it must be a Christian church. It's been a while since I've been to the hall (and I'm not interested in returning either) and I need a new religion. How do I start my search for my new faith?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Carlos in Miami, Florida.

• Simon
    Simon

Try Heavens Gate, I heard they have some spots open ...

I would suggest it's a silly think to ask on the internet and it's based on a false premise, that you need a new religion.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

If you join a religion, they will tell you what to believe. First find out what you want to believe, then look for a fit out there, if that's at all possible.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Jesus said to "Come to me, and I will give you rest"

Jehovah said at Jesus baptism, "Listen to him".

Why don't you just do as they ask?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Let me suggest that you don't need a new religion. You don't need any religion. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life!" Christianity is a grace relationship with a person. He who has the Son has life. I John 5:10-13

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yeah but Jesus was a fraud too Vanderhoven

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think it depends on how you are approaching it:

1. You find religion useful or comforting, and just want the companionship and ritual without the heavy-handed control of a group like the Watchtower Society. In that case, perhaps a Unitarian church is what you seek. Non-trinitarian, and not nearly as strict as most other Christian churches.

2. You have a firm belief in the existence of the Christian God: pray to Him. If He is really there and you really want to find him, He will guide you where you need/want to go.

• vienne
    vienne

Trinidadian = Trinitarian.

Okay, I'll stop with the corrections, but I couldn't resist this one.

You believe God exists. You believe he is revealed through Christ. Why not ask him where he wants you and what he expects of you?

Please tell me why you left the Watchtower. [I'm struggling through a short paper on that and collecting reasons.]

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

crios, are you sure you need a religion? I disagree with the claim (of some Christians) that Christianity is not a religion. Those Christians who say Christianity is not a religion are making a claim much like Rutherford who claimed that 'true' worship of Jehovah God [albeit in the form of the JW faith] is not a religion. The forms of Christianity which practice some version of the Memorial of Christ (Lord's Evening Meal; Eucharist) and baptism are engaging in religious rituals, even if those forms of Christianity emphasize what they believe is a personal relationship with Christ. As a result those forms of Christianity are religions. Even praying to what one believes is God and/or Christ is a practice of religious ritual. Furthermore, Christianity is a religion because it believes in the existence of a personal god and it worships that which it believes is God (or a god), whether it be the Trinity, Yahweh/Jehovah (the Father), and/or Jesus Christ.

What not consider atheism (or agnosticism) and scientific/philosophical naturalism instead of worship? I encourage you to investigate the possibility that no God/god exists at all. I don't need a religion. I also don't need God-belief or even belief in any kind of spirit beings. Perhaps you don't need such either.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The Church of The Invisible Flying Spaghetti Monster works for me.

No meeting no collection no need to recruit members not even a building.

It works for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit