My gay friend went back to JWs?

by schnell 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I knew a gay elder who left in 1999 and returned in 2001 after the terrors attack. As far as I know he's still in but not an elder again, Crazy.

• stavro
    stavro

Facing up to the reality of their own mortality can be too big a step for many people who have spent their lives believing wholeheartedly in everlasting life. Gay people also want to live forever in paradise.

• minimus
    minimus

He probably is a guilty person and feels that going back to Jehovah will make him feel more like a complete man

• DJS
    DJS

I'm more disturbed that some of you keep calling it the truth or the 'truth" or ttatt than I am by an idiot Jdub returning to the idiocy. As Scratch stated, it may be due to family, which we can understand.

I will never understand calling it the truth when we know it to be a lie.

You make the DarkLords smile.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Something that may explain that is that many of us tend to forget an important thing. The WT and other cults teach many things about what/how people must live their lives. But that's only one part of what they do.

In order for these controlling groups to maintain control over their people, they also give messages about how horrible their lives will be if they leave, and how horrible life is outside of their place. The brainwashing is not only about what they should do and be when they are in, but also about how terrible and empty their lives are supposed to become out there in "the world".

Look at how many ridiculous things they say about the world outside, and how everything that happens in the world is supposed to be bad, not worthy or deserving of destruction.

When a person leaves, that's what they fear they will be facing, and if they don't know how to deal with being made believe that the world out there is horrible, the very moment when something challenging happens to them, they may feel that the nonsense they were taught was right.

Some people don't have the emotional strength to deal with life challenges. That's why some join the JWs in the first place. So the moment they have a bad experience, I can see how the WT will look attractive to them.

That goes beyond people's sexual orientation.

• schnell
    schnell

I am disturbed by that as well, DJS. It's a bad habit from a lifetime of indoctrination.

Usually I notice it after I've written it, but I leave it to be ironic.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    If a gay person returns to the JWs they are expected to remain celibate. I should imagine they are also watched intently if they speak to anyone in the congregation who are the same sex. How can anyone feel comfortable living like that? xxx

I guess that any single person who's a member of the JW's is expected to remain celibate, hetero or gay.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I guess that any single person who's a member of the JW's is expected to remain celibate, hetero or gay.

True, however, gay people are not accounted for anything else. What i mean is that all the rules are made to make it easier for heterosexual men remain celibate (men preach with men, women preach with women, etc). In that respect there is a lot of lack of acknowledgment about gay people's existence, or maybe it's done on purpose. Who knows?

Either way, sexual orientation has nothing to do with why people want to return to being a JW as they are not the only ones who do. It's about people not seeing the negative influence the WT has on them even after they leave.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I knew a gay elder who left in 1999 and returned in 2001 after the terrors attack

So he thought A ha ! the world is coming to an end and he better make things right with the ancient Hebrew God Yahweh ( Jehovah) and chosen devoted worshiping agents the GB Executive directors of the Watchtower Corporation.

Umm.... I'd say your friend is certainly gay but also a bit dumb as well !

• JRK
    JRK

If a gay decides to go back, they will end up f*^ked, but not in a good way.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit