WTBTS vs. Islam

by kairos 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am not going to confuse Islam with terrorism. The latter is done in their name by a small minority of "extreme" factions within it.

So the WTS and Islam? Truth is that in recent years they have held from denouncing anyone by name - pretty much. The old days of what my wife calls " Good old clergy-bashing" have given way to a more positive simple message of good things if you follow them....

In the days when they did slam Christendom, Islam was simply not an issue. That was "over there" in the land where they hardly had a presence. It did not impact on them or their readership.

• steve2
    steve2
    I don't think the organization's relative silence on Islam is related to concern of a backlash, terrorist or otherwise (e.g., prosecution for speaking against Islam in Malaysia). The organization has little of a specific nature to say about or against Hinduism or Buddhism, either.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    wasn't the Mankind's Search for God fairly critical of all belief systems ie Buddhism/Hinduism/Confuciusism/Islam etc, basically the theme of the book concluded with a summary of these world wide belief systems and that they are all wrong,steeped in false worship and only WE are right and only WE are doing gods will? I seem to remember it was a book that heaped so much ridiculous vanity upon them.
  • kairos
    kairos

Thanks for the replies.

I guess my point was, one cannot be a Muslim if they do not follow the leadership ( ones that claim to have the market cornered on Muhammad ). They have figured out a way to fool some members into killing themselves and others for Allah with a everlasting reward in view.

Sound familiar?

JWs give up everything for the Borg. Free time, personal goals, relationships, love of others, family and even their own life if required.
    ( rejecting life saving blood or preaching in legitimate unsafe conditions to their demise. )

Just like you cannot be a JW if you do not regularly express your loyalty to the Governing Body.
    You also need to be mentally prepared to do anything they say:

At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. w13 11/15 3:16, 17 Examining the Scriptures—2015
  • steve2
    steve2
    There are definite parallels - which will always leave the Witnesses open for speculation about what they would be prepared to do in obedience to the organization (but cloaked as God's will).
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    The JW beef is with Christendom more than Islam because they claim to be the only True Christians. They can't tell a Muslim that he isn't a true Muslim. I would imagine that the Jehovah's WItnesses would be more likely than other Christians to submit to dhimmi status and to pay the jizya head tax.
  • steve2
    steve2

The JW beef is with Christendom more than Islam because they claim to be the only True Christians.

Absolutely well said SonoftheTrinity!

Reminds me of what John Cleese said when he was taken to task for bad-mouthing Christianity but leaving Islam untouched: To paraphrase what he said:

I was raised in a country that professes Christian values and often has Christians at each others throats squabbling over interpretation and who's right and who's false...and don't get me started on religious hypocrisy. I know these things from direct observation, I feel their impact on society each and every day. I know next to nothing from direct experience about Islam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit