"Only Baptized Ones have Unrestricted Privilege of Prayer"

by BluesBrother 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Here is another exception of when God has listened to a heathen's prayer: How about the one in the April JW broadcast video where the unbaptized, unbelieving husband prays to 'Jehovah' that he'll go to meeting if God helps him find the leak in the roof of a construction job he's working on. And Wallah!
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Bunch of manipulators, no one, mark my words, no one will ever impose their deluded ballsack on me again !!!!!!!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    So Jehovah never listened to Jesus' prayers until he was thirty years old.
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    ^^ Big mistake. He was dead in 3 years.
  • sir82
    sir82

The WT has some awfully strange concepts for a religion that claims to be "Christian".

Their articles mention repeatedly that Christians have to "qualify" for paradise.

As noted just above, they also mention some prayer as being "unrestricted", which implies that it must be "restricted" at times.

And don't get me started on the awful clumsiness of "undeserved kindness" as opposed to the, well, grace, of "grace".

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Don't panic. I understood it to be that all sincere prayers are heard by God. BUT, until a person has a clean conscience only available by accepting Christ's sacrifice can they have unrestricted approach to God in the way of a "relationship". So its not that he doesn't hear prayers, its that the person feels free to approach and therefore he is clean before Jehovah by way of Christ's sacrifice. You're still talking to yourself basically either way. Save your breath and rent a movie on Netflix.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Wt May 15 1990 p12

And only baptized believers have an unrestricted privilege of approaching the King Eternal in prayer"

***w00 3/1 pp. 5-7 God Does Answer Prayers ***
    A young woman in India was in serious need of comfort. Married at 21, she had two children. But soon after the birth of the second child, her husband died. Suddenly, at the age of 24, she was a widow with a 2-month-old daughter and a 22-month-old son. No wonder she needed comfort! Where could she turn? One night, in deep distress, she prayed, saying, “Heavenly Father, please comfort me through your Word.”
    The next morning, she had a visitor. He was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

***w00 3/1 pp. 5-7 God Does Answer Prayers ***
    Another example showing the power of prayer is that of a couple who live in the South African city of Johannesburg. On a Saturday night in 1996, Dennis and Carol’s marriage reached the breaking point. As a last resort, they decided to pray for help, which they repeatedly did until late into the night. The next morning, at 11 o’clock, two of Jehovah’s Witnesses knocked at their door

Just two quotes from the WT propaganda. So which is it? God hears prayers of people who aren't baptized, or he doesn't? WT speaking out of both sides of their mouth, again! Most people I know would call that LYING!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    BOC, LOL!
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Undeserved kindness and Grace are the same thing. JWs simply don't understand it because they don't understand the concept of freedom from sin or forgiveness.

It means, you can never Earn it, you can never do anything to Deserve it, and it matters not how much you do. It is freely given because God WANTS to and loves you. Truly accepting Christ means your sins are being overlooked (as long as you don't sin against the Spirit or just keep doing the same rotten thing over & over).

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Yes, so ALL those in the community who prayed were NOT heard by god? Yet he sent witnesses to them??

And Jesus prayed before being baptised...didn't god hear him??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit