How Do You Feel About Jehovah God?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you have feelings about Jehovah God???

• Gopher
    Gopher

We were told as JW's to build a "personal relationship" with Jehovah. That is really hard to do, IMHO.

But aside from the issues surrounding the JW organization (which has no special relationship to any heavenly Creator anyhow),

I feel lonely and isolated from "Jehovah". Why is he allowing so much hurt and suffering? Hasn't enough time gone by so that he should act? Why is he so inscrutable? Why is he depicted as cruel in some places in "his word" and as a God of outstanding patience and mercy in other places?

Or does this Bible that has been handed down to us misrepresent him?

I have more questions than answers, and more confusion than actual feelings.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Yes, this Jehovah sure liked to kill. He killed 185,000 soldiers in one night. He killed the firstborn in Egypt. He killed everybody except Noah and his family. He has killed entire cities, including every last man, woman and child. He has wiped our entire civilizations.

Kill, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL!

And if you love this killer God, he may spare you when he slaughters every man woman and child (except the JW's, of course) on that most joyous day of Armaggedon.

Stan

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I don't think Jehovah would like it if I felt about him. I betcha he's got really big muscles!

• blondie
    blondie

Getting desperate for questions, minimus?

Pretty vague.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

No...not really, Blondie. I've thought about this for a while, esp. as I see and hear people either not believing in Jehovah God, being apathetic toward God, showing anger toward ever believing in "God", etc. On this forum, I've seen posters ridicule "Jehovah God". And I've seen more confused about it all.....Put me in that last class.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm not too keen on his fan club.

Englishman.

• blondie
    blondie

I figure your responses to this one will be all over the map.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I *feel* his name is stupid, his *witnesses* are stupider and those that call themselves Ex-JW apostates are the really smart ones.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

"Jehovah God" is a figment of the governing body's imagination. Worshipping it is just as bad as worshipping the golden calf.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit