Do You Support The Death Penalty ?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

HAHAHAHAHA!! Yes! Get rid of those pesky appeals that those scummy death row inmates are always exploiting. That's the solution to the high cost of executing a prisoner. In fact get rid of all appeals across the legal spectrum. The judicial system ALWAYS get it right. And if an innocent happens to get executed by the State, well you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet, right? I think Ray "The Snaggletooth Killer" Krone would beg to differ.

• DesirousOfChange
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've given the subject some thought...

...and I've come to suspect that the death penalty is less a punishment for the guilty, and more a symbolic act for the "benefit" of the public at large...

...in part, because some crimes are so egregious that many people find it simply intolerable that the perpetrator of said crime be permitted to continue living.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I think that’s true.

That’s why famous mass murderer types (mostly of women) who get a lot of press coverage would get the very much deserved death penalty - meanwhile other run-of-the-mill murderers do not, sadly.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

REMEMBER the BOSTON MARATHON BOMBER---------He's still alive and kicking. Enjoying 3 nutritious meals a day, a warm bed, Cable TV, and recreation time.

How long ago was this?

During the annual Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013, two homemade pressure cooker bombs detonated 14 seconds and 210 yards apart at 2:49 p.m., near the finish line of the race, killing 3 people and injuring hundreds of others, including 17 who lost limbs.

But wait, Why is he still alive?? Didn't he get the death penalty?

Yes, but there is big money in appeals. So some law firm appealed and won.

But wait, it doesn't end there. The DOJ during Trumps administration challenged the appeal and thus it's now going to the supreme court to review.

This may take anywhere from one to 10 years to decide. If the Supreme Court reverses the appeal and reinstates the death penalty then this man is done.

Or is he?

No so fast!

President Biden plans on making the Federal death penalty illegal.

So tax payers get ready to pay not only for free education, free medical to illegal immigrants, but also get ready to pay for 3 meals a day, a nice warm bed, Cable tv, free medical, and more, for all murderers, for the rest of their live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au97DFJmUvA

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

If the courts could be guaranteed to get their act together and not convict the wrong person, I would say "go for it".

All too often in this country, a person sentenced to "life" for murder walks free after just ten years of imprisonment.

That surely cheapens human life.

However, our courts are almost by-words for incompetence, so I do have reservations about entrusting the judicial system with making life and death decisions. It would be just like them to send the wrong person to the gallows!

• Overrated
    Overrated
    If they did it 100%, then let it RIP!
  • minimus
    minimus

I think death penalty is a fair punishment to the deserving. Why pay to care for these people and what benefit to society does having a serial killer around anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit