Do You Support The Death Penalty ?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you support the death penalty or do you think the worst punishment should be incarceration?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I support it. My only issue with it is that it is not carried out quick enough.

I my general area of the U.S. a pervert (can we still call them that yet?) raped a 9 year old girl multiple times before strangling and mutilating her body, then dumped the body in a shallow ditch miles from any town. It was several months before her body was finally found. After over twenty years of three hots and a cot, courtesy of the taxpayers he was finally executed. In my opinion that was twenty years too long. He should never have seen another sunrise after sentencing!

In fact in cases like that I would gladly serve as executioner.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I think there are people that definitely deserve it, I just don't trust the people in charge to make sure that only the people that deserve are the ones that get it.

• vienne
    vienne

Okay, so I misread this as "do you support the death penalty or reincarnation." I don't believe in reincarnation, but it might be an excellent punishment.

I support the death penalty.

• frozen2018
  • My Name is of No Consequence
  • Magnum
    Magnum

ABSOLUTELY. That is, if we can be 100% sure of guilt. So, my answer is assuming it is absolutely known that the one to be executed is guilty.

I especially support it as punishment for the unlawful taking of the life of another. I often hear people say that a murderer is reformed, however, the person he murdered doesn't have the opportunity to reform.. or even breathe. I think that society should stress that life is precious and that the penalty for unjustifiably taking a life will be the death penalty. It's not fair for one to be able to take another person's life and then get to continue to exist - even in prison. Even in prison, one can eat, sleep, think, read, hope, enjoy life to some extent. His victim can't. He should not be better off than his victim.

And if he does not get the death penalty, he should never, ever, be released from prison, no mater how much he reforms and is sorry.... unless he can bring his victim back from death.

• hoser
    hoser

They should hold a referendum on the subject and keep the names of those who support the idea. Every time an innocent person is proven beyond a doubt that they were wrongly executed, the government should pick a name of a death penalty supporter at random and execute that person.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Oh, come on, hoser, really?

• minimus
    minimus

I believe if a person is clearly guilt of the crime, why wait 20 years at the taxpayers expense? If it’s clear that the person is guilty execute them. Done!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit