What is the biggest hypocrisy you have seen as a witness?

by HereIgo 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

The United Nations scandal was the biggest thing to me. The WT was in bed with them for 10 years and hardly a witness knows about it to this day. That's the biggest hypocrisy.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

A paedophile elder telling a courting couple that he would be down on them like a ton of bricks if they got up to no good...

while he was sexually abusing not only his own 8 year old daughter, but also her friends in the congregation when they went to his house to play.

• Chook
    Chook

When I was young I seen a sister get help with food from salvos because being a single mum she didn't tick the right boxes to get cong help.

• looter
    looter

It's amazing how no witnesses know about that scandal. It's just like when a boyfriend dumps her and she tries to make him out to be some Mr. Wrong be causes she's furious. God wouldn't appreciate that.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

ShirleyW Who are you talking to? There's nobody by the name of scratchme 1010 commenting on this thread.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

A hard core elder who showed by every comment he made that no one else measured up to his high standards. Turns out he was physically and emotionally abusing his elderly wife, which came out when his children got her away from him because they feared for her life. He need up commiting suicide. This man was sitting in judgement of others for years, who knows how many lives he ruined by his harsh, judgemental attitude, all while being a bully and a hypocrite.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

well earlier in the day when I left my response there was someone here by that name.

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

Elder gives a talk about being honest and I had personal business dealings with him where he lied several times about the cheque in the mail,.. 1st of many things that sprung to mind

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Not sure if it's hypocrisy but it's certainly an issue. It's the WT's attitudes to child sex and how it deals with it.

Child abuse is described as abhorrent in the magazines but when it's discovered the authorities aren't called first, if at all.

Before I came upon this forum I'd already identified this issue, so I half-expected to read some of the horror stories on here. Thankfully I haven't been personally affected by this issue but I did discuss it with an ex-elder ages ago. He said that if a child initiated it, then it's the child's fault. Maybe that was why he was an ex-elder ...

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I was so ignorant to the child molestation issue in the org. I had no idea it even existed in the org. Jw's loved to bash Catholics for their problems but boy jw's aren't any better smh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit