If they stopped the monthly report card ?

by Chook 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Witnessing would cease, would it flow on to attendance numbers at meetings and then total decimation of the church.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Ministry would all be cease to exist. Only the elders and their families would turn up. It's one of their ways of making sure people actually do go out.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I wouldn't go that far, the D2D work has all but finished and they still plod along, a huge percent of the stupid report card is not worth the paper its written, its meaningless in reality

• St George of England
    St George of England

The monthly report card has nothing to do with d2d activity or preaching.

It is merely a means of deciding who to make a MS or Elder.

George

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I believe that Reporting and recording of time spent preaching was started primarily to document a persons qualification as a 'minister', which was needed for draft issues in the US. As long as that need exists, the requirement to report time will continue.

• zeb
    zeb

One of the reasons I left was the use by the wt of the reports in South Africa to determine who was 'spiritual" enough to avoid the call-up. Or as i saw it they were using hours reported to blackmail brothers' into extra field service.

NOTE: The wt was quite happy to hand over each young mans report card to the courts in any conscientious objection trial. Hmm they will hand over documents when it suits them but not when it doesnt

• steve2
    steve2

The whole notion of "getting your hours in" is hugely driven by pressure to submit a monthly report.

Remove the monthly report and the external pressure and.....a no brainer: The number of JWs who go out to preach or stand by carts would shrivel even further than it already has.

The monthly report will remain in place because it is the prime motivator for the rank and file 'to get their hours in'.

This is a religion whose activity centres round maintaining appearances - and the monthly report card contributes hugely to that.

• Chook
    Chook

I agree steve2 , and the Jw have created a link between non reporting on card to being lukewarm , salvation is linked to the card , 6 months non reporting and you become irregular, then after time inactive, according to Jw inactive equates to death by god.

• John Davis
    John Davis

1 month of no report is irregular. 6 months of no reporting and you are inactive.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Report cards started as a way for the out of town distributors could report their book sales, this was important to replenish their inventory and to settle their credit accounts with the Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit