Letter # 4 to the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

WFWTR,

Thank you for sharing your letters to the GB of JW`s , I don`t think anybody here ever expects you will get answers to your thought provoking letters from the GB.

However they do perform a service to us here on this board , oldies and newbies , who might just glean something we hadn`t thought of before , that you brought up.

And gave us something to think about , and ponder on

Keep up the good work , and if you ever do get a reply from the GB , that will be a bonus for us all

smiddy

• freddo
    freddo

And somebody will be assigned to read them. I doubt it is a GB member or GB helper of course but more like a Service Dept lackey who simply has to scan read and sort into one of three piles.

Pile 1 "To be forwarded up the food chain"

This pile is for the correspondence that the lackey feels needs to be read by someone with more authority. This pile is small.

Pile 2 "Recycle"

This pile is for letters that are obviously apostate or questioning. This pile is growing and binned. This is where your letter is headed.

Pile 3 "Accounts"

This is for fawning/gushing letters with cheques attached. This pile is too big sadly.

• sir82
    sir82

So your first 3 letters have produced groveling personal apologies from each GB member, then? As well as promises to do much better in the future?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

About 30 years ago I was given a tour of the (letter)writing department where they answer letters about things of concern the rank and file send them it was overseen by a brother but sisters were used to write the letters under his male supervision, I was told everything was confidential and that I could not tell anyone what any these letters contained(the one I saw was about the blood issue).

• WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM
    WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM

Thanks everyone for your replies. Very much appreciated

wifibandit - Thanks for updating me regarding address. I will start sending my letters to Walkhill.

Sir82 - Primarily, writing letters to the Governing Body is therapy for me, as I can express my frustration to them. I have to bottle up my feelings and this is a good way of letting off steam. Also stories like the one in the link below motivate me to do so.

https://eventsforchange.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/the-starfish-story-one-step-towards-changing-the-world/

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

That is a great letter and well written. I appreciate what you're doing!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit