Is there another place?

by Xandit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandit
    Xandit

To all,

I'm looking for a discussion board, or mailing list or something that's a little different than this. I've been checking around and haven't been able to find just the right flavor. This isn't too bad but in some ways it's just a more civil version of H2O. Witness net doesn't do much for me. I guess I'm looking for something in between. Discussion of problems and issues but an absence of polemics and negativity. Any suggestions?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I don't think any board is free of negativity totally. Even when things are calm most of time, there will always be some upheaval from time to time.

You might check out www.Support4xjws.org. There's a good discussion board there. Also, www.Observer.org has several discussion boards...but they've been pretty quiet lately.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Xandit,

To my knowledge, this is about as good as an open discussion forum among JWs is going to get, IMO.

Witnet is a straight place, there are several others, but they are even straighter. Daisies, etc. Almost every post ends with "Have a nice day[:0]" A bit much for me. Both ends of the spectrum, but no middle ground JWs seem to be representative on the web.

I've been to Support4xjws. Nice place, but I have not spoken with anyone who actual "is" a JW, which would explain the name, I suppose.

h20 is a marathon compared to this little racetrack. I think there is more freedom to speak here - but not if you're a JW and want to remain one. The tide is set, IMO, against the WTBTS.

There are several fence straddlers here, myself included, just trying to figure things out.

If you want to talk issues, Simon is researching an area where two could post, either seen or not seen by others. Sounds interesting to me.

waiting

• Carmel
    Carmel

You might try [email protected]

Nice group of people all no longer JW but dealing with the "afterglow". One fundy bible thumper trying to get everyone to see the world his way, but what the hey, not as bad as the Taliband!

carmel

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Carmel,

"Taliband?" Thanks for the address. I'll try it.

waiting

• Xandit
    Xandit

To all,

Thanks for the information. Sounds like what I'm looking for is not quite there. I guess if I was an expert with computers and the net I'd start my own site, unfortunately I'm not.

• Seven
    Seven

Xandit, Hang around for awhile. Maybe others like yourself will show up. I for one feel caught in the middle-maybe because I am. You are bound to find negativity to some degree where ever you go. This is a good group of people. I was the shy sensitive type when I came here. LOL I've gotten over that in a hurry.I'd rather people speak their
    minds and whack me a good one. I've had enough phoniness to last a lifetime.
    Seven

• waiting
    waiting

Seven,

I'd rather people speak their
    minds and whack me a good one.

For a Yankee college graduate, you have the oddest way of saying things sometimes.

I could crack a very indecent joke here, but good taste is refraining me.

waiting (giggling)

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Xandit,

I hope you do visit for while, whether you post or not. As Seven brought out, no forum is perfect. Lots of nationalities, personalities, and life backgrounds. And throw in religion - and hot feelings about that subject - and we really have a very decent "civil" area.

At least we try.

Welcome.

waiting

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Xandit: If I may make a suggestion... Why don't you start a thread on a subject that you want to talk about and see where it goes. The very nature of discussion boards requires that you get opposing viewpoints. There cannot be a true discussion unless there are differences in the views being presented. Otherwise it's a preaching session. Learn to look at differing opinions without getting upset about it. Present your side of the argument and try to do so without personal inuendos or characterizations and you might be surprised at the results. I believe that we have some pretty open-minded people here that would love to hear your side of the matter. Most of us are here for that very purpose...to hear another side of it.
    The 'flavor' of this board is determined only by those who participate on it. Give it a shot.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit