How do you feel about the expression "The Truth"?

by stuckinarut2 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

The phrase is a propaganda tool for mind control.

The more you hear it called "the truth" and the more you call it "the truth" yourself, the less able you become to question anything the organization feeds you.

After all, it's automatically "the truth."

Independent thinking becomes dangerous, and there must be something terribly wrong with anyone who seriously contemplates leaving "the truth."

This mind control explains why whenever you confront a JW with a contradiction in WT doctrines or a disconnect between WT image and reality, their first response is a deer in the headlines stare.

• DJS
    DJS

Ding,

DING!!!!! Excactly. It also makes me think an ex Dub who continues to use this word and others like it from their cult past is still partially trapped in it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How do you feel about the expression "The Truth"?

.........Image result for clown throwing up rainbows

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Right to the heart of the matter as usual Outlaw, award yourself some beers and a bucket of Kentuckly Fuckly.

It makes me feel SICK, Mrs Phizzy, even now after all these years occasionally uses that word, when she knows it is the LIE or the Deception, whichever you prefer, or even LYING DECEPTION.

I have even heard a lady use the word who left the cult when in her teens over 40 years ago, when she said it, I said incredulously "The whaaaaat?" , she smiled and corrected herself, but that shows how deep these mind control propaganda words go.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    I hear it all the time from family members and I secretly can't stand it! I never ever call it that anymore. I say the religion or the organization.
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

I avoid using it & roll my eyes when people say it.... i want to yell back, it's not!!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I hear it all the time from family members and I secretly can't stand it! I never ever call it that anymore. I say the religion or the organization.

And I'm sure that they notice that, it's another way to mark those who no longer believe. Once you know what's going on it becomes hard to call it "the truth".

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Or if you don't use it in conversation other JWs will find you odd. Everyone refers to it as the truth so if you use some other term you'll arouse suspicion. Once you are awake it is very difficult to call it "the truth".
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I didn't realize how VERY culty it sounded until I left.

Now when I hear people say it I want to say 'So how long have you been in The Lies?'...which is much more accurate.

• Zana
    Zana

And then there are the "Two by Twos" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_by_Twos

"Two by two, hands of blue..."

Never miss an opportunity to talk about one of the greatest TV series ever...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit