Watchtower No.3 2017 - The Four Horesmen

by pale.emperor 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

The four horses of the Apocalypse present a picture of this existence.

The four horses represent life on this world. Every time a man gets on a white horse to "fix the world"... the other horses follow, Warfare, Famine and Death right behind. Always.

Caesar, Ivan the Terrible, Henry VIII, Hitler, Mussolini, Idi Amin, Lenin, Bush and now Trump. They all get on that White Horse to ride. Authority is given them like a cheap crown. And a bow. They are let loose to prove themselves.

The end is always the same. It is to the detriment of humanity.

But the second White Horse is no fake. It is Christ Himself. He rides in a righteous war. His angels ride behind, not three horses, but uncountable, all righteous. His crown is not a fake. His appointment is real and at the cost of his own blood, of which he is sprinkled.

The sky is darkened, the Earth quakes. As it was when the Christ died, it is again when He comes. It is the sign of the Son of Man.

This is the Apocalypse.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Four Whores' Men?

I like the sound of that better!!

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

In most Christian eschatologies I am familar with Jesus has a duel role. In his first incarnation he could be described as peaceful because his mission was to become a human sacrifice to free humanity from the debt of sin.

However, now that this has been achieved, his role has changed. In his second coming he will act as judge and executioner of those who refuse to accept him as lord, hence his inclusion as one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

A lot of christians don't believe Jesus is one of the horseman. I think the 4 horseman may have something todo with the sun god Helios because he had a four horse chariot. Also in the book of Enoch thier was 4 main good angels that were talked about, maybe the writer joined the two ideas together. I'm sure thier maybe a Greek, Egyptian or Ugaritic story about something like this and the writer took from that source material. It's amazing how many other stories in the Bible came about this way.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Just watch the first 45 seconds of this video and it will blow the WT's 1914 ride of the 4 horseman out of the water. The 1st 45 seconds would be a good video clip to show a JW at the door with this magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSvfiQkC49s

They completely ignore centuries of history to have their own myopic fulfillment. They also completely ignore what the NT says about Jesus having ruling authority and a kingdom shortly after he was raised (Mt 28:18; Col 1:13; Heb 2:8-9)

• schnell
    schnell

The four horses of the Apocalypse present a picture of this existence.

The four horses represent life on this world. Every time a man gets on a white horse to "fix the world"... the other horses follow, Warfare, Famine and Death right behind. Always.

Caesar, Ivan the Terrible, Henry VIII, Hitler, Mussolini, Idi Amin, Lenin, Bush and now Trump. They all get on that White Horse to ride. Authority is given them like a cheap crown. And a bow. They are let loose to prove themselves.

The end is always the same. It is to the detriment of humanity.

But the second White Horse is no fake. It is Christ Himself. He rides in a righteous war. His angels ride behind, not three horses, but uncountable, all righteous. His crown is not a fake. His appointment is real and at the cost of his own blood, of which he is sprinkled.

The sky is darkened, the Earth quakes. As it was when the Christ died, it is again when He comes. It is the sign of the Son of Man.

This is the Apocalypse.

I like that. Another similar interpretation (but less apocalyptic, if ironically) is that the 4 Horsemen represent 4 archetypal phases of life: the young man, the old man, the sick man, and the dead man. These also align with the Tetramorph and the 4 angels standing before God with the head of a man, the head of a bull, the head of a lion, and the head of an eagle. And from there it aligns with Aquarius, Taurus, Leo and Scorpio, and the 4 elements of water, earth, fire and air. In storytelling, it aligns with the transition in a hero's dramatic arc from an Innocent/Orphan to a Wanderer to a Warrior to a Martyr/Magician.

At first, you're reckless, you're riding high but somewhat aimlessly, you're "young, dumb and full o' cum". This is the pale horse with a rider with a sword protruding from his mouth, and the dissonance between that and Jesus Christ is kind of ironic. An older man is a bit more rational, weighing things in the balances. You become wiser but you also become sick and eventually die. But the cycle of life continues with the next generation, who get on their pale horse and do it all over again.

• schnell
    schnell

Love it, @Bobcat! From the video:

When the Roman Empire crumbled, Europe was besieged by plague, famine, persecutions, and a state of war so persistent, it was only rarely interrupted by peace.
  • bobld
    bobld

Give it a few years the light will get brighter and they will change their tune as to who the white rider with a bow really is.It is to bad that the mislead the people with their false interpretation of the bible.See all the changes that they had to make in their latest bible study book,however this one they are still holding on to.

• Perry
    Perry

One of the first things I became aware of after leaving was how most theologians claim that the Antichrist rides the White Horse, which is the exact opposite of what the Watchtower says.

Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard fone of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.

Plainly, Jesus is the one opening the seals, not one of the riders. Furthermore, Jesus has no need to conquer. He defeated death and hell at Calgary and declared "It is finished".

Apparently, while the anti-christ is running around "conquoring"; the Watchtower will once again be following the wrong course..

• Landy
    Landy
    This is the first time I've read through a Watchtower magazine in about a year.

Based on the WT that got stuffed through our door a couple months back it won't have taken long - there was only about 5 pages in it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit