Cults in our Midst

by Lee Elder 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t know if Hillary Clinton supporters are called cult but they do lack common sense and moral sense to support a woman who lies compulsively and has supported crimes of her husband who has been assaulting women and obstructing justice so far without conviction.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Minimus

"woman who lies compulsively". So you do care about lies. I would have sworn that that was the last of your concerns.

• minimus
    minimus

Just responding to Slims statement. Removing Trump’s name and throwing in Clinton’s

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

To paraphrase Groucho Marx...

..."I wouldn't want to be in any cult that would have me"...

:smirk:

• flipper
    flipper

LEE ELDER- Excellent thread . I agree with this sociologist's views, very much so.

Trump is so controlling & dominating and uses fear and disinformation like cults do to control their followers. He does this not only to influence, indoctrinate and control his followers, he also uses this same method to control Senators within the Republican party. He has members of his own party under control and fear I believe. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    I don’t know if Hillary Clinton supporters are called cult but they do lack common sense and moral sense to support a woman who lies compulsively and has supported crimes of her husband who has been assaulting women and obstructing justice so far without conviction.

and Trump is the most honest, morally clean President we've had in quite some time. Every thing that he says is 100 per cent true, right Min?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    You my friend definitely are delusional with your self righteousness, paranoia and black and white view of the world. You went from Watchtower to Trumptower

I consider myself neither left or right wing, I do see as posted above far more totalitarian intolerance from the left currently. And it doesnt seem to end. And you are are wrong dipshit, trumptower??? If trump defends the constitution that's good. If he endorsed things I consider wise like legalizing weed I like it. If he does things I don't agree with. Then I don't like him. Just like any president. You are strawmaning me and many others who refuse to denounce trump when its not called for. That is critical thinking. He does bad. Call it bad, he does good call it good. He does neither, don't make shit up because you just want to cry like a baby about everything because you are a sanctimonious idiot.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

One party is pushing the emotional manipulation buttons. Its not the right. Not lately anyway. Both parties used to have a spectrum of ideologies inside them. The overton window of the extreme left is closing around that spectrum on the left. Making it dogmatic. You can be "right" and support legal weed, gay marriage etc. On the left if you question any single dogma like there are innumerable genders you are disfellowshippred from the left and labeled alt right for not toeing the shrinking ideological line. Sam Harris is a great example of the shrinking spectrum of the left. Hes now considered to be alt right because of his views on islam.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I do not think there is an actual "Cult of Trump." For me, the one thing that all full-blown cults have in common is family/friends shunning a person just because they believe something different or walk away from the cult. That's definitely not the case here.

However, I think this whole idea of the Cult of Trump really springs from Trump himself. It goes back to before the election when he said (something to the effect of) 'I could run out into 5th ave and shoot someone, and not lose a single vote.' Although I'm sure that was hyperbole, the idea that followers/voters would ignore clear signs something is terribly wrong with their leader and loyally follow them regardless. . . . pretty culty.

But then again, it seems like ALL politics are pretty culty. And throw in the media like Fox News or MSNBC who are respectively right and left propaganda machines that (try to) control people's information -- the whole mess looks cultier still.

One of my biggest disappointments waking up was that politics (at least in the US) is utter BS. . . . . oh well. . .

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I wouldn't disagree trump displays the characteristics of a cult leader. But I also find most high profile in politicians do as well being mostly narcissistic.

But to the point trying to be made by the other clowns on here. "Trump" is not an ideology, and just because you call someone a "follower" or "supporter" doesn't make that a reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit