Are You Satisfied With The Way The News Media Acts?

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

DOC-

• minimus
    minimus

The Enquirer! Good one! Actually Weekly World News might be more like it.

Check out the site for Weekly World News. They use to sell their papers right next to the Enquirer back in the day.

• vienne
    vienne

The media propagandize and lie.

• Incognito
    Incognito

When I want the 'News', I expect to be provided factual information without commentary, editorial, speculation, opinion, or propaganda inluding fear mongering. If I want commentary etc, networks and other media typically offer other programs and articles that offer that content.

Printed media (newspapers etc) had historically been considered a more reliable media as printed information cannot be quickly or easily corrected or revised. TV and internet news sources do not attempt the same standards of acruracy since misinformation provided during one newscast, can be simply updated during the following newscast, special announcement or web page refresh.

• hoser
    hoser

We could petition the governing body to bring back “Watching the World” in the Awake Magazine. It might actually be less sensational than CNN.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You have just reminded me Hoser, of the time I lost all faith in the "Watching the World" column in the Awake, and began generally to take WT writings with far grater pinches of salt, shovels full actually.

That was when they wrote up this story > Cartoon of the legendThis story is known as "The Bricklayers Lament" or similar, and I first heard it in the late 1950's , in a rendition by one Gerard Hoffnung, various versions of this jokey story exist, and have done so from even before Hoffnung, but the Awake writers, in the 70's I think, wrote it up as though it really happened !!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit