Are You Satisfied With The Way The News Media Acts?

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It would be a wonderful thing if the news media TRIED to exercise some fairness when they report the news or editorialize on a matter.

If the news media does not stop showing bias, I would like to see sanctions of some sort on the CNN’s of the world.

I really don’t think they can make the media fair but it would be nice.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    If you want to see sanctions on the media, go to China.
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

Are you satisfied with the way the News Media acts.

😂😂😂😂😂

• minimus
    minimus

I think if they purposely lie and spread lies they should be held accountable

• Driveby
    Driveby
    I think if they purposely lie and spread lies they should be held accountable

Didn't work for Tucker Carlson. Judge rules that reasonable people would not believe the garbage he spews, so no defamation regarding the Karen McDougal law suit.

Fox news lawyer Erin Murphy said, "What we’re talking about here, it’s not the front page of The New York Times,"

Can you believe it? Fox's lawyer admitted the the New York Times is a reliable, credible source for news.

And the judge said Tucker Carlson's bullshit "statements are rhetorical hyperbole."

I wouldn't have been that polite.

• minimus
    minimus

Drive by please expound

• millie210
    millie210

In order to have a free press .....here we are.

The problem the media has is they were dying in terms of written print (magazines and newspapers) and in terms of over air major networks in the U.S.

The pandemic and the U.S. election gave them a last ditch reprieve from extinction but rather than use that to build a more lasting future they have clutched it like a drowning victim. They have exploited the two events to the maximum degree possible while losing all credibility.

Watching how they have handled their second shot at making it helps one to realize why they were failing in the first place.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

You mean CNN and MSNBC ABC and the other who are totally unhinged? I hate them. They lie and then lie more.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They purposely lie, spreading slander by omitting half the picture to the public (while juries see the whole picture) so, when cops are found not guilty or someone is exonerated for self defense, riots start and it is a new crime just to be white.

And, they make this coronavirus look far worse than it really is. Most coronavirus deaths are not from the disease, but from lockdowns, from losing one's job, from the antifa riots, from not being able to get medications for a condition they need it for (and they are not allowed to heal it without said medication), and so on. (Not to mention how many will die directly from the vaccine when it is forced on everyone).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Walter Cronkite was said to be the most trusted person in America.

Try to find one -- even ONE -- media personality who even comes close.

Everything is sensationalism to gain viewers/readers. Mainstream media is about as reliable as The Enquirer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit