Jehovah's Witnesses target Manchester after terrorist attack

by jwleaks 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Look closely. The people are behind the cordon. The cart wouldnt be able to approached by anyone even if they wanted to. Obviously it was there before the attack and it's just been left there. Im all for pointing out the organizations failures and lack of honesty but, as Simon says, i dont want us jumping to conclusions and making stuff up. I had enough of half truths and twisted stories when i was a JW.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Sorry but this has been on three threads now. It's nothing to do with Monday night's attack. It's outside a city shopping mall which was evacuated on Tuesday as a precaution after an alert. Typical "aftershocks" of these types of events. The mall is close to the arena but nothing to do with the original attack.

JWs have a cart there as regularly. They were doing what they always do and had to leave it after being told to evacuate.

Nothing to see here.

• konceptual99
  • Nevuela
    Nevuela

Why are there so many down votes on the original post?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Because the title of the post and the image implies that JWs were pro-actively targeting the attack venue to take advantage of people's shock and grief.

The reality is that, whilst the location is close to the attack site, it's a shopping centre where Witnesses regularly set up their cart and for them to be there during the day is not unusual. Of course they would be hoping to use the tragic events to feed a conversation but there is no evidence to support any kind of assertions that the Witnesses were descending mob handed into the area to exploit the situation or similar, something that this picture has been used to try and imply in various threads I have seen here and elsewhere.

To be fair, some on the JW side of the fence have also been quick to create pro JW propaganda from the image as well.

The truth is that this is one cart in an area you would find it most days of the week and the Witnesses manning it would only have had the opportunity to evacuate from the nearest bench with their coffees and smartphones.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

ditto what konceptual 99 said

terrorists want to disrupt our lives

terrorists want us to live in fear

by continuing our normal daily activity, while remining vigilant, shows that we refuse to let the terrorists win

#westandtogether

As konceptual99 says, it seems that the JWs are normally in the area shown in the OPs photo

below is the same area, from Google StreetView taken in November 2016 - I understand the Food Court was the location of where the suspicious package was

• Prefect
    Prefect

It's real. It's from Sky News

If you believe everything Sky News says you will believe anything.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

That of course is very true.

• Landy
    Landy

Sorry but this has been on three threads now.

Beggars belief doesn't it. I'm starting to feel the IQ on here sometimes is shoe size numbers. :(

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Sky news...first for breaking news..........

....... although this breaking news may not be exactly accurate. After all, this news organizations is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the same person who owns Fox News and many more gutter news organizations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit