@truth_be_known:

what was it ?

• skin
    skin
    @truth_be_known

Would like too know too?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My wife and I did something before she was legally my wife.

• krismalone
    krismalone

We had a case where a publisher was df for adultery and he moved to another nearby Congregation. He requested to be reinstated and the original judicial committee met with the elders where the df person was attending and we both Interviewed the df person. (The original committee that made the decision to df is the one that makes the decision to reinstate or not, even he attends another Congregation)

We had a total of 4 reinstatement meetings with the original committee (I was part of) and the elders where the df attended and of course the dfd person.

Every single meeting, the dfd person would blame his wife for his adultery and refused to apologize to her. The first 3 meetings we denied his request because we wanted to see him cry and apologize and he didn't do that. Every meeting was 1 month apart as he would immediately write a new letter requesting reinstatement. When the 4th meeting was requested and scheduled, the original committee and his elders were all tired. We just told him he can be reinstated and didn't demand that he apologize to his wife or that he admit his fault. Even in the last meeting he kept blaming his wife for his unfaithfulness and there were rumors he was still sleeping around with other women but we didn't bother to investigate. We took his word when he denied those rumors.

Only 1 elder opposed the decision and pointed out his lack of repentance but the majority overruled him as we just got tired of meeting with him every month and just wanted to go home.

I admit I was one of the elders that just wanted to stop these meetings and let him get reinstated as I was tired as well.

Sorry to disappoint anyone but we all just wanted to get this over with even though he didn't show repentance according to Watchtower. Now I realize it's just a game we were all playing. What a waste of time and invasion of privacy.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thank you for all of the comments so far!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    unless it was wife/husband swapping, then it nneeded longer

Fulano For reals? Please spill the beans!😜

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It's shocking that random men had such huge influence in someone's life and consequential mental/physical well being. The person's future dependent on such arbitrary things as underlining their WT or singing. That whether the elders probing went deeper or not, relied on if they liked the person...

How disgusting,

People have lost children and their families, suffered depression, committed suicide over these decisions.

I sincerely would struggle to sleep at night had I become an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit