Does GB 2.0 Have The Guts To Publish A Book On Revelation?

by JW_Rogue 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

So we all know that the old Revelation book is "old light" and the GB would like to sweep it under the rug. However, since they have been reinterpreting many of the parables from the gospels, many JWs are confused as to how it all fits in with the book of Revelation. Plus, they have been emphasizing the nearness of the end and the GT. So my question is, who here thinks they will try to publish an updated interpretation of the prophecy of Revelation? On the one hand it could really motivate the hardcore JWs but for this GB I think it would be very hard to pull off.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A new book on Revelation: no.

A new, 8-hour video miniseries released on JW Broadcasting: yes!

• millie210
    millie210

This may be my own off the wall thinking but I dont believe there has been any writing for a long time now.

All the new literature seems to be copy/paste of the older stuff just reformatted.

It is edited to soften and blur it also.

I guess the term dumbing down comes to mind.

I think they either

a) dont have any good writers surging to the forefront, or

s) have too much in-fighting for control of what will/wont get published that basically nothing fresh gets in to print.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

It would also bring up the whole "the UN is the scarlet colored wild beast" that they have been trying hard to not mention lately. I think they would like to do it but it would take someone with creativity that they just don't have right now. Plus if they just throw out everything and start fresh that will look very bad as the Revelation book was the authority on end time prophecies for JWs. What they could do is take different prophecies from all over the bible and put them in one book, that would allow them to cherry pick the ones they want to emphasize and ignore the ones that never really made any sense.

• Shunned Again
    Shunned Again

hell no! They don't even have relases at the rc this year except for downloads of last years crap.

• steve2
    steve2

The old narcissistic interpretations of Revelation ( such as making the trumpet blowing some convention in the USA in the 1920s) are far too daft for modern-day JWs to completely swallow - and the GB know it.

So Revelation, Daniel et al, languish, untouched and unrevised for many years. Letting something quietly disappear is less risky than trying to breathe new light into it and waking up the sleeping masses.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Why stop at the book of Revelation , ?" Grand Climax".....

How about the book of Daniel , ? :Your Will Be done On Earth"

And the book of Ezekiel ?

to name a few , I`m sure their would be more you can add.

smiddy

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    It would also bring up the whole "the UN is the scarlet colored wild beast" that they have been trying hard to not mention lately.
    The old narcissistic interpretations of Revelation ( such as making the trumpet blowing some convention in the USA in the 1920s) are far too daft for modern-day JWs to completely swallow - and the GB know it.

LOL Good observations JW_Rogue and steve2!

This book always has been my favorite (when we studied it during good ol' congregation book study meetings, it was a great opportunity for me to impress others and show my insights in deep 'truths', lol). I was a true metal head before my biblestudy and I loved all the beasts, mystic visions and references to stuff like Armageddon and 666

I guess the new "light" on types/antitypes (Wt march 15, 2015) has spoiled every trustworthy attempt to update this book

*** re chap. 1 p. 8 par. 8 Revelation—Its Happy Climax! ***
    An even stronger reason for publishing this book is the need to keep up-to-date with present truth. [lol] Jehovah is continually shedding greater light on the meaning of his Word, and we can expect that our understanding of Revelation, along with other prophecies, will be sharpened as we draw closer to the great tribulation. [lol] (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 7:14) It is important that we be well informed. [lol]

Maybe a better name should be Revelation—Its Grand ANTI-Climax at Hand!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Old Freddy Franz's End-Times script was tailored to the Cold War, and thus much more plausible than now.

Unfortunately for them, he left no oracular protege, and no one there is creative enough to reinterpret Revelation for the Information Age.

So they're kinda stuck with it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinamovement - "...A new, 8-hour video miniseries released on JW Broadcasting..."

Base it on the Grand Climax book, and get Roland Emmerich to direct.

It'd be right up his alley (I'm certain his art designers peruse WT pubs for inspiration), and he'd have a chubby the entire time. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit