Jehovah Witnesses lost in Court. Disfellowshipped Sister Reinstated by Court Order?

by pistolpete 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

No one should be forced to speak to another person if they dont want to.

On the other hand, is it right for any religious organisation to tell its members who they can speak to or not?

The jw's go too far when they expect people to shun immediate family members and produce videos to demonstrate exactly how to do it.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

My previous post post was made while I thought the disfellowshipped JW had won the Supreme Court ruling of Norway, but now I am not certain she won. Parts of the ruling as translated into English are very hard for me to comprehend (especially with its use of legal jargon). One post said the congregation won but another post gave me the impression the woman won. Who really won?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Disillusioned

The jw's won. The court decided they cannot enter into a religion member requirement. Where they lost was the court preventing spiteful suit against the woman to get lawyer fees back. The court also recognized the extreme treatment given.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

At least, perhaps due to a different court case, the WT's shunning policy now prevents the WT from any longer receiving government funds from Norway for being a religion. It is due to a court ruling in March 2022 due to the WT's policy about shunning. See https://a-jw.org/norway/jehovahs-witnesses-loses-appeal-in-norway/ .

• Corney
    Corney

This was an administrative decision, not a court ruling.

As to the SC judgment, it's also available here, where it can be easily translated by an in-browser tool.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Would she ever get to comment at any meeting? Or would they always lan over her as a ghost?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit