2nd amendment right ... where should it end?

by Simon 166 Replies latest social current

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

So, to sum up this thread, the people that like guns still like guns and the people that hate guns still hate guns...just like all the other times the subject has come up.

That's why I regret starting that useless "evidence for God" thread. It did no good...didn't convince anyone on either side of anything new.

I quit...good luck with the forum everyone.

• Simon
    Simon

So let's not try to address any issues! Scrap seat-belts, Screw the environment - put as much lead in the water as you want.

We've heard these non-arguments before. I think you've now done the whole set:

• Laws don't work, so we shouldn't bother with them
    • People die from other things, so we shouldn't bother
    • Guns make us safer, ignore the numbers
  • Simon
    Simon
    to sum up this thread, the people that like guns still like guns and the people that hate guns still hate guns...just like all the other times the subject has come up.

And still, no worshipper of the 2nd amendment can explain where it should end and why people shouldn't be able to have a tank or an RPG if it is indeed "a right".

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    You must think day to day life here is like an action film lol

@freemindfade has me wiping my monitor from coffee spray brilliant line free.

Just for the record I've never witnessed a dual in the streets. I don't know where this idea of the Wild West in modern society comes from. Just as normal here as in other places around the planet.

The only difference is if you break into someone's home in the middle of the night yeah you might get shot.

Like @free said you could be holding a laser sighted twinkie it won't matter I'll still drop you and won't think twice about it.

If you don't agree I totally get it, but that's how it is here and I'm glad it is. You're simply not hurting my family without a serious fight on your hands. I wouldn't have it any other way. I honestly don't get why that's such a bad thing to some.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    • Laws don't work, so we shouldn't bother with them
    • People die from other things, so we shouldn't bother
    • Guns make us safer, ignore the numbers

Now we're talkin!

I honestly don't get why that's such a bad thing to some.

Because they have traded being JW for SJW (social justice warrior) and obama and the news has told them that its bad and the cause of all our ills. They must pledge allegiance to the SJW mob!

• Simon
    Simon

I guess you don't ever get told what to do and what to think from conservative talk radio eh?

Every time you don't even attempt to address the points, it's just hand waving to distract people from noticing that you can't come up with a cohesive and logically sound position.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..OUTLAW is Coming Down from Canada..

..............To Hunt Wabbits With Me..

Image result for Rabbit hunting season sign........Image result for army tank

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It should have stopped at "a well regulated militia".

The NRA grew too powerful, though.

we sure are reaping the results of this gun crazy culture. 😕

DY

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You're simply not hurting my family without a serious fight on your hands.

What about your children at school or College, a movie theater or their place of work, will you be there to protect your family with a gun in hand ?

Will you have the firepower that those attackers have ?

Police acknowledge to the fact when you are in fire fight, the ones with the better fire power usually wins, meaning hand guns or shot guns are pretty useless against full automatics or semi-automatic guns designed mostly for military use.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

I'll give you gun ownership opposers one glimmer of hope. I'll agree too much accessibility can prove to be a bad thing.

Here's the rub though. When two guys break into my home try to hurt my fam etc. I'm thankful for the ability to protect them. People are not drawing on the streets here.

This is about protection and ability to defend self and family that just isn't bad in my book.

Reality is if you ban all guns in every country the criminals will still find ways to source them. Yeah that'll work out well for us all. it will be like one giant looting session. The best you'll be able to do is stand there with you know what in hand and a smile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit