What happened in 1995?

by pale.emperor 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember thinking the end might come in 1994 because "1914 + 80 = 1994" and the scripture that said, "his years are 70 OR 80".

Then in 1995, "new light" about the generation! I don't know why it didn't wake me up at the time.

• Ding
    Ding

A lot of JWs didn't realize any change had been made.

Many who did realize there was a change thought it was a minor adjustment.

Others woke up.

• sir82
    sir82

A lot of JWs didn't realize any change had been made.

LOL.

On any given Sunday, on any given Watchtower paragraph, 50-75% of the congregation is thinking nothing more deep than "where are we going to eat lunch when this #@$%$% meeting is over?"

• Chook
    Chook

It's the old carrot on a stick approach, always a lure , the problem lies in that for decades apon decades these religious frauds have predicted end times, I ask an elder how am I to refute a holders claim that we have cried wolf for centuries , how can we be expected to be taken seriously when our prophecy has failed, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• sparky1
    sparky1

What happened in 1995?

More 'bait and switch' from the spiritual dullards known as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses:

October 22, 1995 AWAKE! magazine statement of purpose:

"Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

And then, without any forewarning, this change took place:

November 8, 1995 AWAKE! magazine statement of purpose:

"Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things."

The June 22, 1995 AWAKE! was slyly laying the groundwork for change and blaming the individual publisher for their own false expectations. The cover of that AWAKE! magazine was: FALSE PREDICTIONS OR TRUE PROPHECY - How Can You Tell the Difference? On page 9 it was stated: "More recently, many Witnesses conjectured that event associated with the beginning of Christ's Millennial Reign might start to take place in 1975. Their anticipation was based on the understanding that the seventh millennium of human history would begin then. These erroneous views did not mean that God's promises were wrong, that he had made a mistake. By no means! The mistakes or misconceptions, as in the case of first-century Christians, were due to a failure to heed Jesus' caution, 'You do not know the time.' "

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

(1995) They covered over the previous lies and deceptions made by the organization with more lies and deceptions, all intentional to hang onto power and the money.

The core theological deception being 1914

This organization was built upon lies and dishonest bible interpretations but it did so for literature proliferation as a religious publishing house.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The mistakes or misconceptions, as in the case of first-century Christians, were due to a failure to heed Jesus' caution, 'You do not know the time.' "

WatchTower points out, "no one knows the time."

But..

WatchTower predicts the time, time after time, never gets it right.

And...8 Million JWs Don`t Notice??!!

Is Everyone There, "WatchTarded"?!

"That Was The Best Assembly Ever!!"

Image result for stupid businessman
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Here's a funny thing. If you do a search for "1975" in the 2014 cd rom, it comes up 666 times in the Awake.

The devil is in the details.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    "Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away"

Ok. Let's break this down. For many many years 'Emphasis' is given by the leaders of the ONLY true religion on earth by using the words most importantly. So, for Joe public and the faithful, it's 'LISTEN UP FOLKS'. WE are God's mouth piece, his channel of communication; and according JEHOVAH GOD, he has promised that the new world/age is coming within the lifetime of individuals who actually saw the events of 1914 (ie the outbreak of world war 1). The time when Jesus came into Kingdom power in heaven and Satan hurled to the vicinity of the earth. You therefore must listen to God, trust in God and have faith in God by preaching this message far and wide. It is 'THE TRUTH'

Roll on November 1995

Suddenly this MOST IMPORTANT promise by GOD has subtly been changed to building confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.

So who got the generation teaching wrong then. The Society implied that God had made the promise about the generation who saw the events of 1914 and that they would not pass away. But that promised prediction was actually proven false. It was not God's promise. It was a false teaching by men claiming to be God's channel of communication.

So what damage has this caused?

Well firstly, Just think how that teaching has made God look. People lose faith in God because of such false prophecies. In fact, many have lost faith as a result.

The reality is that it was never God who made such a promise. It was the leaders of a publishing corporation who falsely made such a prediction and shamefully used Jehovah's name as their guaranteed stamp of approval in their literature and emphasized this for years.

Think how angry God must feel when 'men' do such things. Well we do know how Jehovah views such matters. The Governing Body need to be reminded of his warning given to his people of the past. The following statement is something Jehovah definately spoke and should be a warning for all Christian faith groups who presume to prophecy in his name.

Deuteronomy 18:20 (ESV)

'But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die'

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I remember reading that article and going WTF? I went and spoke to jw friends who were elders etc. Their response, "What change?" It hit me like a hammer that most jws don't even know their basic doctrines. As noted above by other posters most appear to be asleep with their eyes open at the meetings.

I can thank this article for stimulating me to research the jw CD on "generation". I never set foot in a "kingdom hall" again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit