Do you have / admire Charisma?

by The Rebel 34 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    This whole thread sounds very self-indulgent.

You haven't read the thread.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sales people, actors, people in marketing, motivational speakers, some clergyman, singers, musicians, comedians, most of them have charisma or magnetism. It isn't an accomplishment, it's a quality a person has or doesn't have. It's a good quality to have if you work in certain fields like teaching or the ones mentioned above.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I'm proud of my humility and very modest about my admirable charisma that oozes from me like a thick secretion.

I never asked to be this good looking either.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "I've never thought of charisma as a message, but more of a kind of magnetic quality."

I never said charisma was the message. I likened charisma to being like packaging that the message is wrapped in. You refer to charisma being a kind of magnetic quality and yet you fail to see what I'm saying. You do realize that the wrapping on products can serve to attract (as in "magnetic") consumer's attention, right?

• cofty
    cofty
    You haven't read the thread. - FHN

Yes I have. I nearly choked on my tea when I read the following..

I have been told that I have charisma. I don't tend to see it until I see video of myself. - FHN

Rebel is inventing his own unique self-serving definition of charisma.

"what makes this person exceptional? Well this person never takes the bait, never gets into the religious and political arguments..."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yes I have. I nearly choked on my tea when I read the following..

That doesn't surprise me.

You said:

"This whole thread sounds very self-indulgent."

That's why I said, "ou haven't read the thread." And I still say you haven't truly read, as in read and comprehended what you read, the thread if you think the "whole thread" is very self indulgent. It would be great to see your answers to the questions posed by the OP.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You do realize that the wrapping on products can serve to attract (as in "magnetic") consumer's attention, right?

Yes of course. It's a natural phenomenon. A lot of people that have it don't know they have it. I think you are saying that a person may be magnetic, but magnetic only means magnetic, the true essence of the person is something you find as you get to know the person.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cofty " Rebel is inventing his own unique self serving definition of charisma"

The Rebel " what makes this person exceptional? Well this person never takes the bait, never gets in to the religious and political arguments...?

Noted Cofty.

However language is an enormous challenge, as often a sentence taken from any O.P is like simply sharing a few notes of a tune, that has a very different melody.

Cofty" This whole thread sounds very self indulgent"

I am not sure " self indulgent" are the words I would use, but self " indulgent" or not, I chose to read the thread in a different context. So what you read as self indulgence, produced in me different responses, which helped me realize we are all capable of self development. If you are correct and that's self-indulgent, then let's all be a little more self indulgent.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I only read the original post.

I'd never say I had such a thing (sounds vain) and, NO, I would not admire such a thing in another person.

Sometimes I think people confuse the term with somebody who is just a good speaker.

When people use the term "charisma" it almost implies that a person has some sort of magnetism that people fall for and will follow like somebody under a spell. How silly.

A person would also not be very bright, in my opinion, to think they possess such a thing and are somehow going to get a following. Well..maybe by some dopes but not by me.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

LongHairGal " It almost implies a person has some sort of magnetism that people fall for and will follow like somebody under a spell. How silly."

The Rebel. But our entertainment industry is built on such magnetism, like footballers who dribble a ball past opposing defenders, and then have the ability to with additional accomplishment put the ball in the net. Or what about our heroes from the Cinema, do we not pay to watch men and women, who appear as super people, overcoming impossible odds, with super determination and will power we the common viewer do not have?

I am not saying the above is right or wrong, but I am just illustrating with the above example how our entertainment industry, creates it's ideal image of masculinity/ femininity. And yet it's we the public that are the " dopes" that admire such people.

Anyway it's my point of view, that we don't need pre-bionic qualities to be charismatic. Charisma in my world, is found in people who are relaxed enough about themselfs simply to be themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit