Uber Cart Witnessing at the State Fair

by truth_b_known 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Oh just look at all the happy carts "with hearts"!

"What a feeeeeling to go wheeeeeling...!"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I saw a snippet from a 'broadcast(tm)' where they showed someone passing a trolley (cart in the USA), picking up a piece of propaganda, nodding and walking off.

I think that's probably the only time it ever happened........and they had to stage it themselves.

what utter asinine nonsense.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

darspilver - do you know where that picture was taken of all of them with the carts? You know it can't be after the FS meeting at the Hall because the turnout wouldn't be that big, unless of course that pic was taken at the KH during the week the CO was visiting. I also notice the school buses, I guess they're for them since all the carts and can't fit in someone's car.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

ShirleyW: do you know where that picture was taken of all of them with the carts?

I was hoping the thread title would be a clue

I was hoping it was the State Fair of Texas

https://bigtex.com/

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Yikes. Well take it from someone who has done this with some success. Find out who organizes the fair locally (this is the person that runs the fairgrounds). You can usually find oit who is in charge of selling space from one of the vendors. Might have to make a call or 2. Bit send a professionally written e mail, explaining in simple terms why this was something that bothered you, could reflect negatively on the grounds, and was at best incredibly "ironic" because of the family atmosphere. No doubt at the fair, all the family happiness books are out there. Explain a couple inconsistancies. Maybe quote some magazines. It works.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

problemaddict2 - I believe that according to the OP the carts where OUTSIDE the fair, NOT inside?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    I was hoping the thread title would be a clue
    I was hoping it was the State Fair of Texas

I was wondering more if it was taken at a KH or assembly hall because of all the folks with the carts. as mentioned in my post

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Dark,

Its still their grounds. They are there at the pleasure of the fair grounds. If they are city owned, than elected officials would be the point of contact. Even better because.....you know.....they dont even vote. No reprocussions from the constituency.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Pretty sure that eventually, there will be no door-to-door witnessing, only carts. And why not? It's a win-win situation.

It's much easier for Jdubs, they just get to stand around looking at their phones. There is no pressure of ringing door bells and engaging people. Because of this, Jdubs will be more willing to put in more hours.

From the Org's perspective, they don't care how witnessing is done. If it's easier, then even better, because likely the count of hours will be greater. Donations will still come in.

The only drawback is how Jdrones are easy pickings for people who want to confront them. As it stands now, there is already a growing number of youtube videos showing countless of encounters with apostates, or from delusionists from other cults, who also think they have the truth.

And by the way, there are a few of these videos of Jdrones being approached by apostates that are truly great.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

You passed ten carts and you didnt take any jw books or mags to trash at all

oh dear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit