November 2019 Watchtower - My highlights

by The Fall Guy 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

'The Watchtower November 2019 study articles quoted below can be summed up as follows:

The great tribulation is near, so become more entrenched in the cult by strengthening friendships with other JW's, by revealing your thoughts to them, by doing more for the org, and by refusing to listen to any upsetting reports about the org in the media or on the internet.

Par. 19, page 7 - We must be determined to build and maintain strong relationships with our brothers and sisters now. Why? Because our enemies will try to divide us by means of lies and misinformation. They will try to turn us against one another. But their efforts will be wasted.

(Everything the world says about the WTBTS is a lie!)

Par. 3, page 8 - Holy spirit gave Paul the power both to work secularly and to accomplish his ministry.

(So why doesn't the holy spirit give the same power to "the slave" and their fellow parasites?)

Par. 8, page 15 - Satan, “the father of the lie,” uses those under his control to spread lies about Jehovah and about our brothers and sisters. For instance, apostates publish lies and distort facts about Jehovah’s organization on websites and through television and other media. Those lies are among Satan’s “burning arrows.” How should we respond if someone confronts us with such lies? We reject them! In fact, we avoid all contact with apostates.We do not allow anyone or anything, including curiosity, to draw us into arguing with them.

(Everything the world says about the WTBTS is a lie!)

Par. 11, page 16 - Have you resisted the urge to listen to and argue with apostates about the lies they spread? If so, then your faith is in good condition.

(If you don't resist, then your faith is weak. Everything the world says about the WTBTS is a lie!)

I genuinely couldn't stomach further articles. I'll let someone else do the rest.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

These statements chill me to the bone.... distort facts about the tower???... that's why they hired a pr firm to negate the "fake news"..

The day is come -- the new donation arrangement is in effect this week.. $3.50 per publisher x # of publishers every month for 12 months to help with re building halls damaged by weather - really?? Where is the insurance coverage all halls have for such an occurrence?

As far as I can see, this article was written to have people spying on other publishers - much like they do in China-- report them to the officials (elders)and then get a visit if your "heart" is not right. Weed out the chaff so to speak, keep the true believers and get rid of those on the fence who do not support the org.

A real catch and release [program in effect.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Hu, I thought Truth could stand up to anything?

I don't remember my math teacher reminding me that 2x2=4, and not to listen to anyone who says different because they could convince you different?

Amazing the power Jehober can give his people, but he can't give them the power to stand up and talk to someone who has issues with the WT?

2 realizations I had that helped me out of the cult were:

1. Truth should welcome scrutiny.

2. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Always wondered what exactly are all these lies that apostates have been spreading?! Interesting they never give examples

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Not a Study article:

Page 31 - "God’s Word uses the figure of a steward to illustrate some of the activities that take place in the Christian congregation. For example, the apostle Peter encourages Christians to use their God-given abilities “in ministering to one another as fine stewards of God’s undeserved kindness.” - 1 Pet. 4:10.

Exactly who did Peter say were to be stewards?

• tiki
    tiki

Oh those lies...oh that persecution... don't believe a word about pedophile lawsuits.....that's Satan trying to break your faith. Beyond delusional..just plain ignorant. Keep those blinders on people...and keep that money coming in.

• sir82
    sir82

"Apostates" aren't the only ones reporting negative but truthful information about JWs. There's plenty enough dirt that even [never been a JW]'s can easily find it.

Or maybe "apostate" now means "anyone who publicizes anything even remotely critical of anything WTS related"?

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi

Another point of view, when I read that "armageddon will come" , I understand after Summer Convention, that armageddon will come during my life, maybe 2034 , Jeremia live 40 years before the god's intervention ( if I'm right) ...

That is , in fact , that GB prophetize the end now !

If I add "overlapping generation" and other thing like "less publications" , "Russia is the king of North"

It seem to me that the end is near , really near ... and the GB knows it's not system of thing ... but end of the WT as we can see it today ...

At my convention during baptism questions, jim Mantz said "you belong to the organisation" ... but the french translator said 'you belong to the organisation that is drive by his holy spirit" ... if "holy spirit" vanish from question

who is driving the organisation ??

I believe that in future ( perhaps October 2019 ) new light could appear.

Best regards

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Bahaha, their little empire is sinking and they are trying to plug the holes with toilet paper.

What's the matter governing maggots too many bad news coming out? Too much dirty laundry being aired?

Reap it you vermin. Reap it!!! Bahahaha!!!! Love it!!!!

On a side note, Simon needs to get rid of this parasite user who's posting like there's no tomorrow user fredrick mukiti. Paging Simon, paging Simon. LOL!!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Bury your heads in the sand when an apostate tries to talk to you. Blabber something to yourself so that you dont hear what the apostates say.

My PIMI wife promptly follows this WT tactic, whenever i try to engage her in some "wake up" conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit