How many of you would actually believe a child abuser would let his crime be watched by minimum two witnesses?

by Thinkforyourself 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Thinkforyourself welcome

It's physiological manipulation and coercive control that we were instructed that the governing body were directed by god and knew what was best for us , even if we felt it was wrong ,cognitive dissonance eg the two witness rule when the authorities could be a witnesses and why would a child lie about the abuse .

Even today some witnesses believe child abuse is made up by apostates I asked about the child abuse issue to someone on the cart work that was there reply.

So it's only when you wake up to the control and the made up policy s of the org and then join a forum like this you see how illogical it all is that you can mentally leave then physically leave.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

The JWs do not care about what a molester does or does not do. They are only about control of its members. You toe the line or you are out. That way they keep control of the rank and file and put the fear of getting DFed and loosing their family and friends into them. To never even think about questioning.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Haven't read the whole thread through, so sorry if someone else has said this but WT culture from my experience is all about getting people so dizzy with GB mind-rot/conscience-rot that bad things can happen right in front of someone but they are too afraid to speak out in case they are viewed as apostates. Apostates not to God, who would disapprove their horrid actions, but to a bunch of liars.

Imagine WT being the petri dish of a social experiment. The question is how do you spin WT version of political correctness so that really bad stuff is done right under the noses of so-called 'Jehovah's Witnesses' and the congregation members say nothing.

What I mean is something like 'gaslighting.'

VERB
    gaslighting (present participle)
    1. manipulate (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The other fact to be considered and taken into account is that these evil perpetrators would exploit the two witness rule for themselves as means to escape punishment if they were caught and identified.

There are other evil maligning irresponsible things JWS do under this same premise to be realized.

Or is this obedience so profoundly rooted?

Yes obedience to protect the namesake and image of the organization, lying if it were to be advantageous and necessary.

Example of this can be seen when by one of the GB members A. Morris who recently stated in a JWorg. broadcast that the organization wasn't aware that child sexaul abuse was an illegal and unlawful crime.

That's what I would call deliberate outright lying to protect their own responsibility and moral justification.

• Thinkforyourself
    Thinkforyourself

Wow. I am quite horrified by your explanations! So, is there any way to get through with thaught or opinions which originate from other philosophies if you want to have a discussion with JW on this issue?

Quoting Finkelstein.....

"wasn't aware that child sexaul abuse was an illegal and unlawful crime."

But this is outrageous, how can anyone get to this point of believe?!?

If you want to try to be an eye opener talking to a witness, what would be the right road to take?

Thank you again all for your answers!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you want to try to be an eye opener talking to a witness, what would be the right road to take?

Show them the culpable facts of the WTS and its leaders by using the organization's own literature, words and actions.

If they sincerely desire to be honest and responsible you may have opened the door for them..

The WTS/JWS was created by men who were not sincere, faithful and loyally obedient to Jesus in preaching the Gospel of his new Kingdom order to come, they established their own sinful apostate way, which eventually established their own subsequent power and identity. (FDSL)

• Thinkforyourself
    Thinkforyourself

Thankyou, but this is quite difficult to do as I am not an ex- JW, and do not have JW littérature to lean on... When I have had discussions on my terms, as I do coïncider myself being quite well educated on spiritual matters, I always feel that the persons in question are not listening, they wait for me to finish, then start explaining already "edited" opinions. I have family members I was very close to and now they seem to be out of touch, they don't seem to want to have any more contact and they changed completely.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

was aware the Archbishop of St. Louis Robert Carlson gave sworn testimony to that effect

https://youtu.be/upW7SHAjSEA

Finkelstein
    GB members A. Morris who recently stated in a JWorg. broadcast that the organization wasn't aware that child sexaul abuse was an illegal and unlawful crime.

not aware a GB said that too, would like a link and time stamp on the A. Morris statement

• Listener
    Listener

They call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses but they have never physically seen or witnessed Jehovah. They claim, as God's only chosen ones, to have borne witness to the coming of Christ in 1914, yet that was invisible.

They choose to interpret scripture, even words (like 'witness') any way they want.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They pick and choose the 2 or 3 witness rule to suit themselves and ignore the same principle when it proves them wrong.

As an example ,there are 3 Bible accounts ,3 bible witnesses that show/demonstrate a generation is approximately 50 years long. However they ignore these 3 scriptual reasons and come up with a ludicrous unbiblical explanation of an overlapping generation to explain away there failed doctrine about 1914 and the generation that will not pass away which they taught for decades.

1.Matt.1: 17 = 42 generations Abraham Born 2018 BC - Jesus born 2 BC = 2016 years divided by 42 = 48 Years .

2.Luke.3:23-38 =76 Generations from Adam to Jesus ,a span of 4024 years according to WT chronology 4024 divided by 76 = 53 years

3. Luke 21:20-24 Jesus died about the year 33 ? prophecy fullfilled 70 AD well within the 50 year generation period. "This generation will by no means pass away"

There is one more biblical witness which also gives a figure of a generation being about 50 years and just can`t think of it at the moment.

However that`s 3 Biblical witnesses that identify a generation being in the ballpark number of 50 plus or minus a few years and not this ludicrous overlapping generation bullshit.

By the way Thinkforyourself Welcome to the forum .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit