Your favorite Bible version / translation

by lumberjack 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    NKJV is my favourite
  • NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Personally, I prefer the English Standard Version, but the NASB and NIV have their place.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Aside from Outlaw's,

NEB

Phillips

• smiddy
    smiddy

If God ,Jehovah ,Yahweh , or whatever YOU want to call him , doesn`t / hasn`t identified which Bible version , translation you should be using after 2000 years , shouldn~t you be concerned ?

Different Bible Translations do give different interpretations to certain texts .

Different Bible Translations also have different books

Some books are regarded by one religion as Apochrypha but not by another religion

Some Christian Religions have different books than other christian religions,

We are now over 2000 years since the last books of the Bible were written and this debate is still going on ?

Where in the world is the GOD of the Bible been these past 2000 years ?, He certainly has not been here .

smiddy

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The one that translates exactly what the writer meant and said, and NOT what the translator wants to convey.

• talesin
    talesin
    I didn't have a Bible in the house for reference, so got this older one at a yardsale (mwah haha, it's probably 'demonized'). It's called The Complete Bible - An American Translation, The University of Chicago Press. It contains additional texts, "The Apocrypha"... quite interesting. : )
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I like the NWT rbi8. I think that it is a magnificent masterpiece ( but what do I know ) and read it same as I would a poem. I really enjoyed its allusive literary style, and mastery of the English language it uses to interpret the translation. The NWT highlights by its style of writing that the text refers to more than the context.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The Atheists Bible

The Skeptics Annotated Bible

My Book Of Bible Stories for children, where it should stay , and like Santa Clause can be put to rest with other fables when their old enough to reason for themselves.

smiddy

• atomant
    atomant
    l had a favorite bible when l was 9 but burnt it.l was sick to death of being dragged along to meetings and made to give talks against my will.When my elder father asked me at the meeting where my bible was l proudly told him l burnt it in front of others out loud.Well ya shoulda seen the looks.l wish l had a video of it.
  • zeb
    zeb
    esv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit