Watchtower Telephone Books!

by Atlantis 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Can you former Bethelites tell me what the (P) is for that is by many names in the book? I found the bro that used to be in my mother's cong and his wife and they both have that along with many others next to their name. I see BRK which is the location for Brooklyn but what's the P about?

• lrkr
    lrkr

It used to mean pager. Yes they were all in on pocket pagers. I cannot imagine that they are still in that mode though.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Thanks Irkr

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Please forgive me for my ignorance but WTF ? What significance does the WT Telephone Directory have to do with anything ?

Am I missing something here ?

• sir82
    sir82

What significance does the WT Telephone Directory have to do with anything ?

On its own, not much.

But it serves as a signal that more and more people are willing to leak what the WTS considers "confidential information".

What goodies will come out next?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Gorby and Richard, the 2017 booklet is for Britain branch, hence no GB.

I’d say there’s potential for lots of interesting analysis of jobs and personnel turnover here. Definitely documents to hold on to.

Would be great to get more years and branches, Germany in particular. Plus closed branches such as Switzerland and Austria.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

In the US, the directory like that is online for Bethelites. I don't know if they even have a printed version.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I don't like this. It makes me nervous. There are crazy people everywhere, even among ex-JWs. It definitely makes everyone listed in those phonebooks a potential target for someone to harm.

Many of those listed are 18, 19 year old brainwashed kids who were forced to watch a video about improper placement of their pillows. Releasing the old outdated ones is one thing, but releasing a current one, with current information is not very responsible.

• sneekyapostate
    sneekyapostate

Lol....they’ve had more embarrassing leaks than a Welsh allotment.....

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

I noticed a Caleb and Sophie in the 2015 phone book. Funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit