Looking for evolutionary info on how smells can be carried on DNA

by Crabby 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Neither the article nor your book has any idea how the information is passed, you do not even know what epigenetics means. - Crabs

The book I suggested describes the process of methylation and epigenetics in detail right down to the molecular level. I understand what is currently known about epigenetics, Why would you assert otherwise?

You give the impression of being pre-teen or early teens. Do you have mixed feelings about being disloyal to the religion of your parents? Is that why you are angry and insulting to other adults?

• Crabby
    Crabby

cofty my children are adults, you have no clue as to anything.

Tell us in your own words how the smell of cherry blossoms can be transferred to offspring and grand offspring thru DNA? Because epigenetics is the study of changes in organisms caused by modification of gene expression rather than alteration of the genetic code itself.

How would epigenetics transmit new information if it merely modifies existing genes?

CIAO

• cofty
    cofty
    cofty my children are adults, you have no clue as to anything

So why are behaving like a petulant child?

• bohm
    bohm
    How would epigenetics transmit new information if it merely modifies existing genes?

You realize genes are the bits of the DNA that carries most of the information so asking how a process that modifies genes can transmit information is a bit odd!

• Crabby
    Crabby

Bohn the question is not odd at all because the smell is new, thus could not exist on an existing gene, and modifying an existing gene could also not produce a new smell. Look the question that I ask can not be answered with the available scientific information, we know that it happens, but there is an entire level to DNA information that has not been discovered as of yet. This question was bait of a sort, you can not answer it, not all of the Earths genetic researchers can, all they and you can do is to speculate.

• bohm
    bohm
    Crabby: I am confused about what you are actually asking. Is it in relationship to the epigenetics article?
  • cofty
    cofty
    the smell is new, thus could not exist on an existing gene

Maybe if you read the answers people provide for you rather than rushing to type out yet another insult.

There are no genes for smells.

We have 800 active genes for olfactory receptors that fire in response to odours. Combinations of receptors fire simultaneously combining their signals to the brain and enabling us to detect far far more than 800 smells. In a similar way our three colour receptors fire simultaneously to allow us to see thousands of colours.

Every receptor is coded for by genes. The parts of our brains that decode the signals are coded by genes. The chemical signals that trigger love, repulsion, hunger, fear or nausea in response to specific smells are coded for by combinations of genes. Every one of those genes can be turned on or off by methylation.

What are you trying to prove by making the blindingly obvious point that not all of the specific details have been unravelled yet?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Let go of smells for a moment.

Are you afraid of big, hungry alligators?

Do you have an alligator attached to your DNA?

Would you like to?

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

As far as puppies and pus are concerned it would be through Race Memory. Animals react by Instinct to learned circumstances in their ancestral line through race memory. All animals have race memory, even us.

Luv'n'Thortz

Wozth

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

"Race memory" is an artficial construct without scientific merit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit