Will we eventually evolve into “Creators” GODS?

by I believe in overlapping 14 Replies latest social current

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Humanity is slowly leaving behind ancient stories of a God who created Adam and Eve and punished their children for eating the forbidden produce.

Some people with vision like Yuval Noah Harai, Sam Harris, Elon Musk, and others, caution the intellectuals of the world to tread cautiously in regard to Artificial Intelligence, (AI) development.

Most experts don’t share their viewpoint mostly because they think they know more than they do, and they think they are smarter than they are. The fact is that in general most of us “Humans” think that we are much smarter than we really are, but in reality we are much dumber than we think we are----and by a lot.

This view seems to plague especially “Smart” people. “They define themselves by their intelligence and they don’t like the idea that humans could create a machine that could eventually become “Self-Aware” and jump to the top of the food chain

An example of AI’s rate of improvement being exponential, can be seen in the computer program (AlphaGo) that plays the board game “GO” In the span of about 9 months it went from being unable to beat a reasonable GO player to beating the world champion Go player, and then beating all the other expert players in the world.

Of course there are many who point out that AlphaGo is just a computer program of inputs of strategy being gathered by observing humans playing against each other.

Then came AlphaGo Zero, a different program—or shall we call it for what it really is. ---Artificial Intelligence!

AlphaGo Zero played 4.9 million games against itself in quick succession and developed the skills to beat the top humans around the world in just a few days. So they decided to put AlphaGo Zero, a program that evolved and learn by itself against AlphaGo, a program of inputs by humans.

The result-----AlphaGo Zero beat Alpha Go (100—to---0) in just a fraction of the time that no one imagined. An unlike AlphaGo the previous program, this new program was able to do this by relying on an old technique in reinforcement learning-called self-play.

In other words, it learned by itself without the aid of any human.

Homo sapiens eventually evolved to the top of the food chain. The majority have kept their God’s for thousands of years to guide them in decision making. This resulted in some crazy things like slavery, racism, sexism, homophobia, elitism, and other types of behavior that puts humans on a very thin thread of becoming extinct.

But as Elon Musk, or maybe it was someone else who once said;

“Machines are logical and don’t believe in YHWH or other Gods. If they become self-aware, their only purpose will be to SURVIVE”

All it takes is ONE self-aware machine to turn the tables on humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0KTUysrwgQ

• waton
    waton

All nice about AI, but does not deals with the existence of the All.

that makes future Alls, AI possible

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

god knows what might have happened had it been a banana.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Waton said; but does not deals with the existence of the All.

I'm not familiar with "ALL"

I'm just a beginner student this summer in computer programing. It's not my major but I decided to take some extra classes in programing. The reason being is because some of my friends developed some program for dating and are in negotiations with some dating site for a price. The amount is kind of crazy.

Crazy enough that it caused me to consider that perhaps I should learn to program, at least a little.

Anyway if you have any links on "All" so I can familiarize myself with that topic, I will appreciate it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Humans will always have control over AI, we may use and investigate what AI produces but in the end humans will keep control over what is essentially computerized data algorithms..

Why ?

Because computers cant learn the human heart condition of love and compassion that humans have for one another.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate
    My dream is to own a Kara before I die. Technology isn't moving fast enough for me. We should be living like the Jetsons by now.
  • APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I hope this doesn't violate any site rules on perntagraphy. Animated perntagraphy never hurt nobody! lol

(Would this be considered perntagraphy or just nudity?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebkGo-nUPhk

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

AI is fine as long as a human is holding the power cord. To me what would really be scary would be some sort collective networked intelligence that merges with the human mind.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Ditto what I said above. A quasi-nude Scarlett Johansson in a PG-13 remake of an anime classic never hurt nobody neither! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw9FQ_X-gP0

• sir82
    sir82

You should read about Roko's Basilisk:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko%27s_basilisk

Caution: Opening and reading the above link will condemn you to an eternity of torture

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit