interesting hospital encounter

by stan livedeath 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my 94 year old jw dad is now in hospital--i visit him every day.

in the opposite corner of the ward were a group of visitors to an oldish chap. my dub-dar caught words like kingdom hall and watchtower from the rather loud voiced woman i took to be the patients wife. she also mentioned a dub by name ive known for 40+years--so i guessed they are in the local congregation to my dad.

as i was leaving--the woman said to me--"what a loving --dutiful son i am."---i was just going to smile as i left--but the devil in me kicked in.

so--i replied--"well--i'm all hes got left "

then--in a quieter voice------"actually---i overheard your loud conversation---you mention Bro G****** W******** by name----i know him---------my dad--he is one of yours"

ooh--that triggered them off--asking if my dad is a JW--and which cong is he in.

so--i said--i think the same cong as you----but he cant attend because hes in a residential care home now. just a pity no-one ever visits him now-----ha ha.

squirm mode started !

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Nice!!!!
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

then--it got really interesting-----they asked his name---i told them----and i could see a lightbulb of recognition turn on.

i said---you probably know his--former--daughter in law ( my ex )---which they agreed they do--very well. the chap then said--" i remember you"--from 40 years ago--then he mentioned a few facts which meant he did indeed know me--although i cant remember him.

at this point--loud voiced wife booms out---" would i like to return the the troof"----i nearly choked laughing at that----but said--"no--i have had a great life and no regrets leaving when i did."

i now really started having fun-----i asked--" so--you must know my son ?"--they replied--very well indeed ( he was d/f about 6 years ago------)

they asked--how is he---i replied--"hes fine--i see him often--he remarried--and now has a beautiful 6 month old son------in fact---ive got photos on my phone of them--taken last week----on holiday in Thailand !!!!------hes doing very well in life---and truly very happy---like me.!!"

i think this encounter will have repercussions. i love shit stirring.

• steve2
    steve2

Love the slow burn! When the workhorses are put out to pasture, the farm hands don't give 'em a second thought.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Mac, So glad you like sh*t stirring. lol

All the best to you and a hug for you and your dear Dad.

LoisLane

PS Can you imagine 40 years in the same territory as a Jdub watching other peoples family's having normal life and relaxing on their week end off work? What do Jdubs have to show for walking around the same neighborhoods talking doom and gloom, whilst their summer holiday consists of getting dressed up in a suit and tie to sit for a couple of days of listening to sales meetings 'encouragements', all on their own time and dime.

Mac, I am so GLAD you woke up 40 years ago and enjoyed your life without the controll of WT/GB. I wish I could say the same.

LL

• Sabin
    Sabin

You a very dutiful son Stan, they always act so surprised when someone that they think is worldly does something nice. They are the only true Christians. HA. You put them to shame.

Hope your Dad is doing o.k.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

,amusing stan. my mum is in a care home now.

she never got visitors at home, but now she is in the home she gets visitors regularly. oh, and they make sure to tell everyone that they are jehooovahs witnesses too.

So much for not letting your right hand know what the left hands doing. They often go in to see her when they are on the work "in the area". I wonder why.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

My mum was a founder member dub. She has been "faithful" all her life and is very well known amongst the dubs in our town. She is now very elderly and failing and we are looking after her. In six months the number of non-family visitors? 3. The number of visits in the last two months? 0

Fine words, short memories.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great job Stan. .

I think the blatant lack of love is starting to make many wake up.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for telling us your experience. Glad you have contact with your son and can show the JWs what's good in your lives.

Sorry to hear your dad is unwell

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit