So, how did the 'beard article' go over yesterday at your congregation?

by neat blue dog 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

One dumbo of an elder in our congregation said how it's not socially accepted in our area, and any baptized male would be showing spiritual weakness by growing one. I laughed thinking that his comment allowed any sister to grow one!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

will i be destroyed at armageddon if a havent shaved for a few days ?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

It's really funny, because if you look at any of the pictures in their publications of the men of old, Jesus, Moses, Paul, and so on, they all have beards in those pictures.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

We had our circuit assembly and they played it really safe. They read exactly what is in the magazine, no additional comments even from the speaker.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

How can something be acceptable geographically? Either Jehovah accepts it or not.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Doctor Who...One dumbo of an elder in our congregation said how it's not socially accepted in our area

What stupid reasoning, Then I guess the JW men in my town should all start sportin' the man bun along with a beard since this is the norm and what is socially accepted and somewhat expected.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

Jesus and his disciples wouldn't be welcome now then, would they??? :-D xxx

• Londo111
    Londo111

The Watchtower did a brilliant job of keeping the ban on beards while appearing to say the total opposite. They are amazing spindoctors.

• steve2
    steve2

I could imagine JW organization arguing that, since Jesus and his disciples lived over 2,000 years ago, dress codes have changed significantly and so sandals and togas are also out.

Okay - but how do they respond when their modern-day founder, Charles Russell, sported a very bushy but combed beard? He died exactly 100 years ago this year.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That paragraph is one of the most insipid and pointless ever written!

It says NOTHING! It contradicts itself!

The "double -speak" and lack of clear "direction" means that each area of the world will have different bully elders imposing their own ideas...

Seriously, as you have all said, since when did GOD get so hung up on men NOT growing the natural beard he created us with??

The way the society focusses on such an issue sounds like the Scribes and Pharasees "adding to the law" and making "the word of God invalid by their traditions"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit