Observations: If man is merely a machine and the universe is merely a mechanism .

by Believer 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• bohm
    bohm

Sorry but that's not how it works. That I don't know how conscience works does not mean your favored idea is correct. Also I don't know how you get the idea of "spontaneously created itself" from, that sounds utterly bizarre.

• Believer
    Believer
    Sorry but that's not how it works.

Says who? I don't think you're an authority on "how it works."

• bohm
    bohm

Okay Believer, so the principle you are following is that if I don't know how something works that means your explanation is correct?

If not, please explain what principle you are following because I am confused...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The observations are simply addressing the unreasonableness of excluding spiritualism.

Its unreasonable to assert a spiritual being without any proven psychical appearance of such to place within reality .

One could say though that the human imagination is a part of are reality, but its not materiel.

• TimeBandit
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The observations are simply addressing the

unreasonableness of excluding spiritualism.....OLI

Nonsense..

It`s presenting the spiritual as fact,without providing a shred of evidence..

(Because.....There isn`t any..)

The unfortunate result of threads like this is..

They incite extreme prejudice of rabid non believers,against any and all believers..

It`s a pity that..

Less obnoxious Believers will be Crucified for Your Sins/Threads..

Image result for on cross

• Believer
    Believer
    One could say though that the human imagination is a part of are reality, but its not materiel

Now we’re getting somewhere. Since man has imagination, he is not wholly material. There is something else at play.

Nonsense..
    It`s presenting the spiritual as fact,without providing a shred of evidence..
    (Because.....There isn`t any..)
    The unfortunate result of threads like this is..
    They incite extreme prejudice of rabid non believers,against any and all believers..
    It`s a pity that..
    Less obnoxious Believers will be Crucified for Your Sins/Threads..

Outlaw, the thread is an observation based on reason and logic. I thought that’s what nonbelievers are fond of.

And if me posting mere observations based on reason and logic would cause a nonbeliever to crucify believers who had nothing to do with this thread, then you are adding fuel to the idea that nonbelievers lack genuine morality. A person who would do that is no different than the primitive Hebrews concept of God whom you so readily condemn.

• never a jw
    never a jw

If there ever will be such a computer, it won’t spontaneously create itself. It will be the product of a super intelligent computer programmer.

By your logic, such a super intelligent programmer couldn't come into existence unless a super-duper amazingly, astonishingly intelligent programmer created it. And so on....

• Simon
    Simon

"Look, I invented an insane belief system in the vain hope my other insane belief system will look more sane, this proving it as true."

Idiot.

• cofty
    cofty

Believer - Could you sum up your argument in one succinct sentence?

Are you really promoting Urantia? Really?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit