If you know from which song these lyrics come, you are too frigging old

by berylblue 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• berylblue
    berylblue

"It's written on the wind, it's every where I go

So if you really love me, come on and let it show."

If you can gues this....well, you're at least my age (or you know a hell of a lot about pop music.)

Feel free to add your lyrics.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Beryl,

The song is called "Love is all Around Me" by the Troggs and it's a good one. I don't know if I am as old as you are (Not that I am implying that you are old or anything.....) but I know the answer because I worked for an oldies radio station years ago.

Robyn

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

oh good grief I know this....

I hear the song...but can't think of the artist. DRAT my feeble brain!!!

Arrowstar

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I, too worked for an oldies station and that song is a highly played song on most radio stations playlist. That and "Going to the Chapel" by the Dixie Cups. The program director wouldn't let anyone deviate from the playlist, he was such a jerky womanizing control freak, which is ultimately why I quit the radio station.

• berylblue
    berylblue

VERY good.

I'm not going to be able to stump you, then, am I?

• berylblue
    berylblue

btw yes, it is pretty. 1966? 1967?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Too old?

hey berylblue, I know it well and I'm ready to just start living....I think.

• Robdar
    Robdar

he was such a jerky womanizing control freak, which is utlimately why I quit the radio station.

Ah Tres, I have met PD's like him before. Instead of suing them, I came up with creative ways to freak them out. If you want my story, drop me a pm. It's a pity that this jerk caused you to quit. Did you quit radio altogether?

Beryl, I think that the song came out in '67 or '68. I don't quite remember.

It's funny to me, though, that you should post the lyrics. Just last night I came across my old aircheck from WHB "The World's Happiest Broadcasters" Class Reunion. The song was on there and I was yapping on about it, but didn't mention the year because the broadcast was a nostalgia event where we carried on as if it was an actual broadcast from the 60's.

Robyn

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!

- Nathan, "on his way to the processing plant" class

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I just worked in radio for a short time, about 6 months. I was going through school and wanted to see if I liked working in that type of industry. I mostly did grunt work, however they let me operate the controls on the weekend during the overnight hours. Then they replaced me with a syndicated oldies show (Casey Kasem I think.) That PD is still at the same station. A veteran of many years on the radio, he introduced the Beatles when they came to Pittsburgh in 1964. He was part of the famous KQV ensemble for many years, and is well known in Pittsburgh radio.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit