Episode 6 - Life Gets Dark As One Of Jehovah's Witnesses - Is Live Now

by dubstepped 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• RodrigoGuerreiro
    RodrigoGuerreiro

I’m also a regular listener, and even if your story ends, you can continue the podcast on the same molds if you tell the story of other ex-JW. Some had a very rich experience and a very interesting story of life

keep the good work

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Rodrigo - Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about doing. It will just take a lot more work and technical knowledge for the audio, but we'll see what I can make it. I was kicking around the idea of interviewing my wife first to see how that goes, though in person recording is different than over Skype or something.

Thanks for listening and chiming in. I can see a need to keep this going in some iteration. I'll just have to find one that fits for me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just finished it now.

Thanks for your honesty as you open up your life before us all. Thanks also to your wonderful wife. I am sure that without her support in life and without her acceptance of you doing these podcasts, things would have been very different.

I could relate to so many of your points!

You are helping to give a voice to so many who have been affected and shaped by life within the cult.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You're very welcome SIAR2. I'm trying to be brutally honest because nobody should feel as alone in the world as I did, partially because people hide their real lives.

My wife is a pretty easy going person. I'm the uptight one. Each side has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and the good news is that we've found better balance. She's cool with me sharing whatever will help, though I still run things by her to make sure she's okay with them first if they involve her or her family, and I try to walk lines here with regard to other players in the story. I could post lots of things that would add to the story but that would seem like piling on and that's not cool, which isn't fair to our families.

I've received so many beautiful messages of support from people that are exjws, never jws, and people have shared parts of their own stories with me. People want to feel seen and heard for what they went through. I hope to be able to figure out a way to make that happen after my personal story has been told.

• ironsnake656
    ironsnake656
    Dubstepped, I had enjoyed your experience! thanks for sharing. Can you please write the name of the ADHD book you referred and its author??
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

@ironsnake - The book that I referenced is called "Driven to Distraction" by Ed Hallowell and James Ratey.

This week I'm going to give a lot of resources that helped me out. I think I'll try to give links and descriptions on my website for this particular episode in case it can help others. I'll include that one as well, as a few people have asked already. No affiliate links, not trying to sell books, just trying to help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit