Episode 6 - Life Gets Dark As One Of Jehovah's Witnesses - Is Live Now

by dubstepped 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Episode 6 of This JW Life is now live. It is a brutally honest, at times dark, look into what it was like behind the scenes in our lives. People don't talk openly about ugly parts of their lives and it leads to other people feeling alone when theirs gets ugly. This was our reality, and I know that we weren't the only ones, though we may be the only ones talking openly about it. I hope that it helps someone else out there. I don't leave the episode in a dark place though, and show you a crucial moment that started the process of waking up.

Subscribe on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or other podcast apps. Or just listen below on my site.

http://thisjwlife.com/episode-6-life-gets-dark-as-one-of-jehovahs-witnesses/

• mvrht
    mvrht

I think that you will be happy to read that you have a regular listener since episode 1. I wait all the week to listen to the new podcast on Sunday (sometimes I wish that you launch more than one episode per week).

I am currently listening the episode 6. Can I ask you, how many episodes do you plan to do until you get out of the Org?

Keep the good work

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Cool !!

Will be listening to this one tonight, great stuff thanks very much !!

Cheers.

WGO

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Hi Guys please review Dubstepped's podcast on itunes. I have reviewed it but we need more to bring the ratings up.

It doesn't have to be a lengthy review, just a few words and 5 stars will be great !!

It takes a lot of time to create these podcasts and Im sure we all enjoy listening to them, there are hardly any good quality (clean language) EX JW podcasts around now apart from EXJW Critical thinkers and I feel its very important that we keep them coming. These kinds of podcasts are essential to help wake up those that are trapped in the WT like my family and Im sure your families and friends too !!

Thanks WGO.

• mvrht
    mvrht

I cannot public review that podcast on iTunes. But I can recommend it to some close friends.

After the JWpodcast.org entered on an unpredictable break (I don't know whats happened after the 24th March episode, all appears to be back to the "good old times" with the original gang) this podcast is a great addition to the ex-JW community.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

MVRHT

Your right its a great podcast and an excellent addition.

i'm not sure what happened to JW Podcast, very strange. I used to enjoy that.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@mvrht - You asked how many I'm going to do. I'm not 100% sure, but I see just a few more as far as my story goes. I named it THIS jw life instead of MY jw life to give myself options to take it further.

Thanks to you and WGO and others for being regular listeners, for reviews, encouragement, etc. This has been an intense process. This episode was tough to write, as have most, as it puts me back in an ugly part of my life.

I too liked JW Podcast, JW Escape, Apostate Awake, and now I like The Prodigal Boys. I wish more were regular too and understand what it is to wait intently on that next release. I love that I can contribute to that.

As much as I love you listening, I've received a lot of great feedback from people that aren't exjws. It makes me so happy and proud to be able to inoculate people against the cult.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Just finished listening to this and have to say it held my attention and I really like the way in which you presented it.
    Even though this is episode 6, I have to admit this is the first of your podcast that I've listened to so far.
    In saying that, I can also say after hearing this one it won't be my last.
    I know we all share certain things in common with each other by simply being associated with this religion(cult) but I was surprised at how much our lives mirrored each others in other ways such as when you mentioned having a meter reading job it immediately brought back to my mind when I sub-contracted meter reading from a local power company.
    Also you said you got married at 22 and your wife was 19, I was 21 and my wife was 18. (so both had a 3 year spread in age range apparently)
    Anyways I don't want to give too much away so that others can listen and enjoy it as well but just wanted to say I could relate to so much of what you talked about.
    I'm already looking forward to the next episode, so keep up the great job and I applaud your efforts and for being so candid.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks buddy!

Looking forward to it!

Oh and I found you on Instagram too! Great to follow you there...

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@StoneWall - It is funny that you too were a subbed out meter reader. Wow, that's quite a coincidence. If you chose this as a starting point, you jumped in deep. I hope you do listen to the rest and find something that helps you on your journey, even if it's just feeling less alone, which was huge for me.

@stuckinarut - Cool! I've tried to kind of be everywhere I can think to be so that I can help more people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit