Bucket list

by Jrjw 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Does anyone have a bucket list and has it helped you achieve anything? Someone said I should do one

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Good idea

I have not started one.

I might, maybe my first item could be this

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

sorry couldn't help myself after all the pillow talk

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I've always thought of the term "bucket list" as being a negative. No offense if it works for you. I do, however, make plans to do one grand thing a year at least. So far so good. It might sound lame but I want to go to the Ronald Reagan presidential library. He may have been controversial but his reign was a wild time.
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

No, and I think it's a waste of time. I do lists to organize some things in my life, but having a bucket list makes my wishing and dreaming too confined. It defeats the purpose of why we want to accomplish certain things.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes I wanted to get a degree, go to Paris, Rome, Florence, the US and Canada. Create a beautiful garden, learn to drive (finally managed it at 42), volunteer for something actually useful.

Having done all that I want to go to India (going next month); see lots of mountains, I don't mind where; learn to paint better paintings and maybe sell some.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I thought that was something to do after you hit 50 and realized you were now much closer to your death than to your birth. (Thus I started mine years ago.)

Somehow (right or wrong) got the impression you were much younger than that.

At a young age, they are simply called goals. Now. . . .

Image result for just do it logo

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I want to go to India too. Also Florence and Morocco

I also want to get a well paying job first

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I thought that was something to do after you hit 50 and realized you were now much closer to your death than to your birth.

There's a lot of books around now with titles like fifty places to see before you die, a hundred books you must read before you die. Not everyone is terrified of the d-word and many people are making their 'must do' lists earlier and earlier.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

many people are making their 'must do' lists earlier and earlier.

I'm still trying to determine what I want to do when i grow up. Being raised a JW, I was never taught to do much advance planning for my future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit