Christians made me stop believing in the Bible

by jws 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Onager
    Onager

It makes me wonder what I'm still blindly accepting as fact that is actually false.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    It makes me wonder what I'm still blindly accepting as fact that is actually false.

Maybe it's this (inaccurately proportioned mercator maps of the world):

The only accurately proportioned map of the world is one found on a globe like this:

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

One christians ask me, how do you know when Adam was created? I told him the Bible, counting back from Jesus. He then told me I have never read that and who knows when God created man. I told him the bible tell you, and the flood 4000-5000 years ago. He told me I have no idea what I'am talking about, and I sound like a crazy man.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Spiral said: @Heaven: I used to wonder the same thing as a kid! Still do, if you think about it, the whole preaching to the entire earth is really just chasing your tail (mathmatically) because the longer you wait for "the end" the more people there are to preach too. You could never catch up.

Exactly! In addition, there are indigenous people living in remote, wild areas on this planet that we are just discovering. I am sure there are others we don't know about and may never know about. So, for all time, these people have lived without any 'preaching' (lucky peeps) and have survived quite well. Any pictures I've seen of these people they definitely do NOT look Christian.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I recall as a five year old being explained the bible stories by my grandmother and even then it never made sense to me. I agree with what Heaven said that anyone with any logical sense cannot believe the bibles accounts. Growing up as a Jdub that anything that did not make sense you were supposed to pray and have faith.....In other words just follow along blindly and trust in the organization and Jehoo.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Exactly! In addition, there are indigenous people living in remote, wild areas on this planet that we are just discovering. I am sure there are others we don't know about and may never know about. So, for all time, these people have lived without any 'preaching' (lucky peeps) and have survived quite well. Any pictures I've seen of these people they definitely do NOT look Christian.

And very happy to without the bible.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Yes! I have to say that living WITHOUT the bible is no doubt a plus. For various reasons that people and scientists speculate about, people love the bible like an idol, or a good luck charm. Doesn't matter what it really says.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

richard Dorkins author of the God Dilusion while not prepared to accept a creator as the source of life has been quoted as believing that the earth was seeded with life by aliens

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Spiral - "...but then he explains theories about why they do..."

Huh, I didn't know that.

I've always thought "why?" was one of the most important questions you could ask, and I really liked "The Greatest Show on Earth".

I might give "Delusion" a look, now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit