DFed for opening an xmas present.

by JimmyYoung 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Sad sad sad.

elders are meant to be wiser men, giving good exemplary behaviour to be followed by the congregation but some can’t find themselves to look away from their natural nasty feelings and resentment of others.

reading this story, looks like there’s more to it than Xmas gifts.

i know that my own siblings opened gifts from my mum and were never called upon to answer for themselves.

maybe the elder in question needed to massage his ego and assert his position within the KH, so he decided to take severe action at the person that gave him and his family a moment of gossip among the worshippers.

shameful that these are free to act like gods and destroy people’s lives without blinking.

• Steel
    Steel

I wonder how many elders refuse Christmas bonuses at work.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Once an Elder has it out for you, they will stop at nothing to "get you." My spouse and I had the same thing done to us but we gave him the big F U. We didn't fall into his little trap and he could go no where with it. Some of these Elders are sick to the core. Some will stop at nothing to ruin your life.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THEONLYONELEFT:

Even though I myself was never a victim of egotistical and spiteful elders, I did see it happen to others.

These elders are especially vindictive if it has anything to do with their children! Very unchristian things take place - character assassination being at the top of the list.. The result of things I saw was people leaving the congregation and sometimes the religion!

I’m glad I got out of the JW religion. They deserve what’s happening to them right now w/lawsuits; people leaving...I am very glad I have no relatives there!

• fulano
    fulano

Based on this story...I don’t buy it.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Toes up, I had some like that after me, but my dad, an elder, put a stop to it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Based on this story...I don’t buy it.

why?🤔

”Brazen conduct” basically gives the elders carte blanche. An engagement is considered as seriously as the marriage contract and you’d better have a damn good reason to break it off.....come to think of it there isn’t one.

Accepting a Christmas gift, if someone wanted to make problems for you, could be more than enough to get given your cards.🤨

• fulano
    fulano

Brazen conduct has it’s serie of steps to be taken. Not a df rightaway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit