Are witnesses even trying anymore?

by megaboy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

Let's stop feeding trolls like A Believer.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I remember as a pioneer I was expected to be able to explain our beliefs with only the bible (even the householder's version) including how to arrive at the year 1914. And we were supposed to get the hh involved in a conversation and show them (cherry picked) scriptures to get them to trust our knowledge enough to accept a study.

Of course once the organization started flip flopping on those beliefs, the back and forth made it impossible to keep up with the "truth" of the moment.

This new version of witnessing that involves handing out flyers and directing people to the website keeps the witnesses less involved. This makes it easier to sneak changes in. They don't even trust the elders to give the most important talks anymore, but play videos instead.

• megaboy
    megaboy

Thanks for the feedback. Now it makes morse sense to me. The way he opperated was more focusing on getting me to go to the website. Though some responses leave even more questions for me. I'll open a new thread for that. This is very interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit