Are witnesses even trying anymore?

by megaboy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Org has definitely made it easier to be a devout loyalist, these days.

They even have a carrot to dangle in front of them in "this Old System", now...

...the chance to live and serve as one of the elite at the cushy new digs at Warwick, if they're "faithful" enough.

:smirk:

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Had two brothers at a gas station approaching people while they were getting gas . One of them approached me and tried to hand me a tract while inviting me to his hall. The tract could fit inside the palm of my hand it looked that small. They keep publishers busy and yet the publishers don't even realize thier work is a total waste of time.

• A Believer
    A Believer

The size of the tract doesn't matter. Just the teaching of the good news. And the invitation to go to the Kingdom Hall.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Crazyguy...

Well, let's be honest.

It's not a total waste of time...

...they can count it, after all. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ A Believer...

Once upon a time in Watchtowistan, size did matter...

...or growth, at least... :smirk:

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think religious organizations are becoming more generic, and unfortunately Wt isn't immune to this. 60 years ago it was almost a badge of honour to be beaten up refusing military service. Lds missionaries gloated on joseph Smith been the true prophet and the restoration of the gospel. SDAs could explain how Michael the Arcangel was jesus christ. Now the emphasis is not so much on amplifying or been able to explain their differences for been better than the rest. The emphasis now is on been Christian. Be a good person. Love your neighbour. Obey the laws of the land. God's unconditional love.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    joe134cd - "I think religious organizations are becoming more generic..."

At this rate, by the year 2100 they'll all just be square yellow buildings with the word "church" (in lower-case letters) on the front. :smirk:

• donny
    donny

I have commented on this phenomenon in the past here in this forum. I too have noticed that the JW's no longer have the zeal and knowledge of their belief system to be able to explain or defend their doctrines. Nowadays as soon as you present a real challenge, they find a away to excuse themselves and move on to the next address.

• schnell
    schnell
    The size of the tract doesn't matter. Just the teaching of the good news. And the invitation to go to the Kingdom Hall.

Was megaboy taught anything about the good news? If he was invited to the hall in any way, was the invitation that appealing?

• schnell
    schnell

@Donny, at the end, I endorsed the idea that I wasn't looking for debate but for the predisposed. This lack of epistemology and discourse nagged at my intellectual honesty just long enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit