Thank You to all posters...I have not chosen this path

by CovertsadJW 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CovertsadJW
    CovertsadJW

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has posted here as I have been reading all of them. I have realized that I am not alone in my struggles and the realization that the " truth" is a bunch of crap. I have been over come with emotion over the last years or so. I don't think many of us chose this path -I am a born in -I have been trying to leave the cult. My strength is building, in a way I feel like I am at war trying to save my kids from an awful controlling cult. I have been depressed, confused, distant, at times angry, and I feel so alone. This site helps me so much-again thank you.

Thank you all

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Same path, my friend.

Now faded for nearly 10 years!

G.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Always tougher when the family is in. Hang in there.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I am sorry you are having a tough time.

You have posted that your little ones are 6, 9, and 11 and that your wife is from a very judgemental family but yet they are very spiritual.

Are you sure your not the nice guy that married a bit+h but you are too kind hearted to want to acknowledge it? Do you need to save your children from your wife and her family and the religion too? That is a lot to handle for sure.

My elder husband who everyone thought was so spiritual tried to kill me several times. I thought...No. He didn't mean that... And let it pass away from my mind. I know how loveable I am ... so of course he didn't calculate and plan it. It was so confusing. My mind wouldn't, couldn't accept it.

For the sake of your little ones... who need to be in a healthy environment, they need to be in after school activities. They need to be around normal people.

If you ask me as a born in too, like you, what would I start changing with children? Do not allow them to go to meetings during the week. They need sports, do their homework, play, eat and sleep yes, even down time to rest and think. Chores? Sure. Animal care? Sure. Help them to be normal.

No door to door to strangers with a little suit, a big plastered on happy smile, with humiliating dumbed down religious trash. Children need to learn personal boundaries. Religion is one of them.

How are children to learn Stranger - Danger? when their parents take them around strangers all of the time?

How many child abusers do you have in your Hall? Do you know? Of course you don't!

My home congo was filled with sick ooze. Pedophiles, adultery... And who by??? The leaders in the Hall. Some were like sleepers, but others were the ones in leadership positions and pioneers, raising their self-righteous hands and looking down at others. "They were white washed graves... ".

I am sorry. I do not mean to be harsh. I also don't recall if you are an elder... which your wife certainally would not want her "position" as an elder's wife taken away from her.

You are in a tough spot. I feel for you. Keep reading. Keep posting. This is our Worldwide Brotherhood Therapy Class.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes, yes, yes to getting your children out so they can get and education and have a successful futre!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

You’re not being judged no matter what you choose to do for your children. If getting them out and running away (leagally) is a viable choice then do it. If staying in to keep the peace is the best option for everyone involved then I would understand and support you regardless.

I ran away. I’m glad I did.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

In my life time as a JW, I have found, inequitable, ALL the self righteous ones... were hiding something. That is why they needed to be "seen" as more so called "spiritual" than others.

How well do you know your wife and in laws?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

An Elders wife who belonged to a dynasty of influential family members ,elders and servants told my wife she just "Needs to be Seen" doing all that is required of her in the congregation to be accepted "you don`t have to be actually doing it" ?

Why didn`t we wake up then !

Your children should be your primary concern don`t let their life be screwed up by a cult .Because that is what will happen if they continue on being indoctrinated .

Play the" Head of the House" card and teach them alternatives to the cult.

• venus
    venus

There is something funny with regard to those who do not examine the religions they were born into. They are under the impression that their birth determines the truthfulness of the religion. In other words, the religion they are born into becomes automatically true because of their birth into it.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I like that smiddy. We are expected to allow them their religious freedom and “not butt in” or get involved with the goings on of their household. This I agree with. But they do not have the same respect for us. They slip their garbage into kids at schools, make cartoons glorifying giving the borg more money and are intolerant of any religious views that are not their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit