Where do I start telling a psychologist about the mental trauma I feel as a fading jw?

by Simple Minds 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

    Well, I know how you feel.

    I have been through it, I decided to go to a psychiatrist.

    On the first session I started to cry after a few sentences and he took it from there.

  • KateWild
    Kate xx yes, put up the link to your JC recording, it would be interesting to listen to-SM

    This is my whole story and the JC hearing is at the end the last 17 mins....the whole thing takes about 35 mins so get a coffee and relax lol xx


  • KateWild

    You can start by telling the therapist the story of how you came to search through other information and how you were feeling about what you found.

    I think this is a good start

    Take care and keep us informed

    Kate xx

  • blondie

    Find out first what they already think they know about jws and what they think about that. Then you correct any misconceptions. It helped for me that I had someone to talk to that had been part of a religious organization similar to the jws and had to leave and heal as well. The temptation is to tell everything and overload them. Start with the one thing that affects you most. Don't bother with religious doctrine at this point, just how they treated you. I would think beforehand and write down the points in some organized manner.

    Just some suggestions.

Share this