"ToMo3's liquor purchase video actually PROVES Jehovah's direction!"

by stuckinarut2 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OK, so I played the game of putting on my JW apologetic cap for a moment, and thought of how a devout JW could rationalize this whole liquor buying situation.

They could say:

"This actually proves that Jehovah is guiding his organization!! He was bringing this activity of ToMo3 to light, and it would also prove to be a loyalty test for all JWs, to see if they would be stumbled right out of the truth!"

I know we have all heard JWs rationalize the most ridiculous stuff of the Society...so how is this going to be any different?

Thoughts?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Similar thoughts crossed my mind.

• asp59
    asp59

The video was just tip of all sorts of problems they have as an org

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing.

• zeb
    zeb

This is precisely the 'logic' they use and would use here. Hence it is nigh impossible to reason with jw. They have shut their minds and are shit-scared to admit that they might be wrong hence are afflicted with the very condition Jesus often revealed in his attacks on the Pharisees being pride.

A wise man said; "5% of people think, 10% think they think and the other 85% are scared to death if they have to think."

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Might be the case, but then one could turn around and use the scripture at Luke 17:2 It would be more advantageous for him if a millstone were hung from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones.

• jeffdavis
    jeffdavis

That is not rationalizing its being a flat earther.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I think they're more likely to go with the whole it didn't happen that's apostate lies.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Or maybe they will just say "That was a photoshopped fake video!"

• alanv
    alanv

There are any number of answers a JW will give. If for instance Tony has his own money from an inheritance maybe, they will say he can use that money as he pleases. He already donates a large amount every month, and these bottles are simply presents for his family and friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit