Disassociation revealed what type of man my father really is.

by Paul Mooney 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Paul all the best in your journey. Not to be afraid as there is a whole world outside of that cult.

And, thank you so much for that post. It makes me wonder just how many are trapped in the Cult! Especially older ones like your father. They have invested their heart, soul, and mind in it, only to realize it is all a lie. . . . Doc

I know my elderly parents also before they died reflected on their life and how maybe this was all a big lie. I mean growing up in the 70's we were made to believe that we would never get old but shortly walk together hand in hand into a new paradise earth. Their spirit was broken toward the end of the reality that they were old, feeble and would die in this system. This just makes me so mad that these old men in bethel sold us all on a BS dream of theirs, then when we had doubts as to the teachings of 1975, they turned around and blamed the rank and file members for believing in their lies in the first place.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

paul i accidently hit dislike. forgive me I just had a medical procedure, My heart warmed to read this message from your father. I would love to get a similar message from my sister. She is 75 years as a witness, and could lose all her social life.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Paul,

What a moving note your dad sent you. It's so sad what this religion does to people and hopefully you'll be able to smuggle something back to him.

• Ding
    Ding

I agree with Doubting Bro.

There's got to be a way you can get a message to your dad... through a third party, perhaps, or as Worldling9 suggested, through the "necessary family business" exception to the shunning requirement.

• Listener
    Listener

What a beautiful message it must mean so much to you. Thank you for sharing it with us. With all the sadness we hear on here it has touched our hearts as well.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

At the heart of it, we want our parents to unconditionally love us. When we choose as adults with free will, NOT to live in this cult, we realize who of our loved ones truly love us unconditionally. I'm so glad your father made such an effort to tell you this, great news!

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Wow Paul that was deep and touched me because I feel deep down that my mother feels the same way as your father, but too afraid to admit. I wonder just how many people feel the same way your father does. They want to leave but too afraid to do so. I am glad you found peace and content with your decision.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Crying so hard right now. Those are the words every ex JW longs to hear--that their JW parents love them and are proud of them for being true to themselves.

All the best to you and your family.

HAF

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

This is a great story, and I'm glad you shared this with us.

What a gift that was. Your father finally told the truth that must've been weighing on him for a long time.

Sometimes the best we Exes can do is be a soft place to fall for others who are willing to be honest and need to unburden themselves.

• millie210
    millie210

Thanks so much for sharing that letter Paul.

There are all kinds of strength.

It took a strong man and a good man to write those words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit